2007 Daytona 675 track bike build

Peter1968

I wanted to share some photos of my winter project; I am currently converting my Daytona 675 into a full time track bike. I know there are cheaper ways to get a dedicated track bike; I really wanted to build this one. I will start with a list of what I have purchased and will install as well as list out all of the items I will be removing or disabling along with a few photos of my progression. Time is always an issue between work and family, the days I have available to work on it are limited it may take me a little longer than I like. I will be downloading a new map via Tune ECU software and disabling all of the parts I removed.

The Daytona already has a Leo Vince titanium slip on exhaust, brand new Dunlop Q2’s, quarter turn motion pro throttle tube, Carbon Lorraine C59 brake pads front and rear, all service including valve adjustments are complete.

Items being deleted:

• EXUP and all associated parts, I will fix the damper / flapper in an open position. I will need to remove the stock headers eventually to eliminate this totally.
• Intake ram air flapper: it is positioned in the inlet air tube feeding the air box.
• SAI, I will remove and cap the ports since they are not visible at all and this will accomplish the same thing as the block off plates.

Items being installed that I purchased for this bike:

• Armor Bodies body work I will have this sprayed by a professional.
• Zero Gravity wind screen.
• Race Tech springs and gold valves front and rear, 1.0 spring in the front and A 10.6 on the rear shock. Already installed with a full rebuild.
• Carbon Loraine brake pads front and rear.
• Yodine Race fairing stay
• Cox Radiator guard
• GB Racing protection covers full kit
• Pit Bull 520 conversion -1 counter sprocket and +2 rear sprocket with a DID 520 ERV3 gold chain
• Lightech keyless gas cap
• Rizoma counter sprocket cover
• GPR steering damper used purchased off a triumph forum.
• Ballistic 8 cell evo 2 battery
• STM slipper clutch and new OEM friction plates
• Tech Spec tank grips
• Renthal super bike clip-ons
• Pro-grip 731 grips
• Woodcraft rear-sets
• OBD2 usb cable for laptop connection
• Sato Racing frame sliders
• FP racing shortly levers black
• Driven Racing oil fill cap
• Etc….. I know there are a few items I missed

Last edited:
additional photos

Here are some more photos:

Yodine Fairing Stay
EXUP - exhaust valve fixed open
Ballistic Battery - may need to make a new battery box
The photo with the duct tape on top of the intake in front of the new fairing stay is where the intake air flapper was located.

Never mind all the mods! Set me up with a cot and I'll move into that garage!! If I had that garage I'd never be seen in the house. Nice goodies Pete. I can't wait to see everything go together!:tup: Keep the photos coming brother!

Never mind all the mods! Set me up with a cot and I'll move into that garage!! If I had that garage I'd never be seen in the house. Nice goodies Pete. I can't wait to see everything go together!:tup: Keep the photos coming brother!

Thanks Bill, Your always welcome if you are ever in my area. Yea the garage, I have got myself in trouble with the wife often for getting lost out there and not seen for hours.

Johnny-on-the-rocks stoped by today hung out for a while and gave me a hand with with some of the bike project. John road the FZ-1 over today it is 40 degress here today! Too cold for me, I must say his bike is beautiful and really really Clean! Here are some new photos from today. Getting close to fitting up the bodywork and sending it off for paint. I will still have to fit the slippper clutch and download a new map with disabling some of the emission components I removed.

Wow, thats going to be one nice track bike you will have there!
You must feel like a kid at christmas with all that gear to put together!

Having not been on a track as yet, I'd enjoy the build up as much if not more than the ride... after building up all that I'd be too worried about dropping it on the track to ride it hard... but don't listen to me I'm just rambling on...
Enjoy!!!! :D

Wow, thats going to be one nice track bike you will have there!
You must feel like a kid at christmas with all that gear to put together!

Having not been on a track as yet, I'd enjoy the build up as much if not more than the ride... after building up all that I'd be too worried about dropping it on the track to ride it hard... but don't listen to me I'm just rambling on...
Enjoy!!!! :D

Thanks Scottyd, I do enjoy working on the bikes as much as I do riding them. I can't tell you that I dont worry about dumping the bike, but it is part of the fun, ride it hard improve your lap times and if you break something... well I have a new project fixing it, I hope!

My only warning to you is once you start track riding it is hard to stop, you just cant get the same thrill out of street riding safely.

I have been thinking about the paint color for the track body work, I am having it painted by a local racer/track day rider who paints auto body for a living and will give you three colors for $350. plus number plates.

I want to keep the paint sceme simple so repairs are easy if needed. While searching on the 675 forum I came across a photo shop thread and figured I would share some pics. Some of the ideas are really nice. I think I am leaning twoard something along the lines of picture 5 all black with some white details or another color to be decided.

I really like the mock up 675 as a Ducati without the green, not sure how practical it would be, but I think it looks great!

Back