200,000 Mile Club

That's quite an accomplishment! I've never even put 200,000 miles on a car, much less a motorcycle!

So have you had any major issues with the FZ1 in all those miles?

Way to go harra. I know there are several both Gen1 and Gen2's that have over a 100k on them. These are great bikes. I put 65k on my Nighthawk before this bike came along and I took the plunge and have never regretted it.

My only hope and I've discussed it with Yamaha but probably no one important enough to really listen. I want a Gen3 with the best of both versions which means a larger tank and better mpg. If not I'll just keep on riding this one.

Who said anything about time to spare :) I put the 1st 100k on in exactly 5 years and 1 day while the 2nd 100k took 5 years and 9months :(

They have me working 45-50 hours a week on a 40 hour salary now because they keep laying folks off. If it wasn't for my monthly jaunts to Arkansas, Missouri, Texas or even sometimes Kansas I'd go nuts.

I do get out and just ride to eat a lot on weekends when it's nice locally but they are not the fun twisty stuff they are just getting the cobwebs out of my brain and are generally 100-200 miles.

If I could ever afford to retire I'd really get to put some miles on the bike or better yet just move over to either south Missouri or northern Arkansas and just live in the good stuff.

I keep looking at 2nd homes over there but can't afford this one let alone a 2nd one. I'll just keep riding and dreaming of riding....

This year the big events are Daytona in just over a week, MSTA's STAR in Avon, CO and the Alps in August :) plus several 2 and 3 day weekend rallies as I can manage.

Congrats Denise! That is impressive and a testament to the quality of these Yamaha bikes. Way to go! :tup:

Oh, and :welcome: to the forum! I think you'll find it very comfortable here!

What a milestone. I'm quickly approaching 120,000 miles, but that's on my cage :( My FZ1 only has 6600 miles, and 1600 weren't mine.

Welcome to 'the other' forum. Glad to have you aboard. I totally agree about the Gen III. I think many are anxious to see a blend of the Gen I and Gen II with some new improvements too. I'd be very tempted and would like to see a bit of the Ninja 1000 mixed in too.

How many seats have you been through? Stay safe for the 3rd 100,000 miles! :sport12:

Back