What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Finished my mini gp ttr. Had my first track day and wreck. I dot think I have ever had so much fun.
b67002ab13b5e560f29cbba9a403666f.jpg
e458e2cb0b7df6fd51560a11e9e5827b.jpg
ce3a45b27bb9dce7b862248a51d6ac64.jpg
15f86bae55f615c00d804a9774da41d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always enjoy putting new stuff on my bike, and after a new chain/sprocket it is nice and quiet.

It sure is. The old one was pretty buggered -- a lot of side to side movement.

This is the first chain I've done for the bike, the last owner did it a few thousand km before I got it and it probably had 40,000 km when it came off. I'll consider that a win :)

New Clutch Master

After trying to fix the leak in my hydraulic clutch master by replacing the piston, only to have it leaking nearly as bad, I decided the cylinder bore was worn out. KTM wanted $272.00 and with exchange and shipping it worked out to be $378.00 since it came as a complete unit.

The internet is a great place for research and since the OEM unit is made by Magura I looked there for options. A Radial one would have been great but would have had clearance issues with the handguards so I dug through their catalog and came up with a suitable replacement. I had to solder on the KTM plug end but otherwise it was a plug&play for $150.00.

IMG_0760.jpg

The stock connection at the plug end.

IMG_0758.jpg

The leaking stock unit removed,

IMG_0757.jpg

The shiny new one in place and working better than ever.

The engagement feel is almost as precise as a Radial and better than the stock unit. "I love it when a plan comes together!"

I found someone that had a DRZ with RaceTech springs more suited to my weight. They wanted my OEM springs because they were more suited to their weight. They did all the work and my DRZ feels like a new bike. ;)

Back