What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I took a ride to the Shoehouse
136b1ac220fe029178bb8b435005d4be.jpg

I giggle everytime i see this house !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to go and check that out! Pretty cool!

I broke one of the Tiger's windshield mounts on my headlight assembly one of my many offs over the last two years. After several plastic weld repairs it is finally not repairable so I finally bought a new headlight assembly. Took about 20 minutes to swap out. Seems swapping the headlight is the one thing they made easy to work on.

2 Day HEAT Testing

After a scorching record breaking heat wave the bike made it home intact. Not for lack of trying....:shaking head:

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Oh Yes I did. Bags came off first to narrow the bike.

IMG_0104.jpg

It was so hot my boots dried quickly.

IMG_0132.jpg

New wind power modification.

NICE !! Who blocked that perfectly good road !!

The oil patch company that apparently can't afford to fix it. Give me a back-hoe and a culvert and I could do it myself in a weekend. I would need a few loads of gravel as well and a small tanker of calcium cloride.

If you can see the sign that says "Caution road narrows" that is where I rode across. The hole where the water is bubbling was deep and full of round rocks the size of basket balls. If I slipped into there, I'd still be there.

Hole.jpg

The toughest thing was crossing the cattle guard at a 45 degree angle as the gaps would swallow your front wheel if you slipped.

Last edited:
Camped out off the Tiger over the weekend in Buescher State Park. We rode Park Road 1C between Buescher SP and Bastrop SP several times over the weekend. Great little windy road with lots of elevation changes.

The photo below is from the Bastrop SP end of the road. This area was completely devastated by wild fires a few years ago and looks a bit Erie.
2168e48648fc8faf51c3e0f0bac77029.jpg

One of my favorite dual sport routes water crossing was way too high to cross. Reroute.
2a788f14762ecc87627dc65e7beecae9.jpg

I love these little eateries in small towns. Great home cooked meals for cheap.
99473d6404514cbbf481a160bf0426c8.jpg

What rear tire are you running now? Does not look from this angle like a K60. I recently got some Shinko 705s. They are great on the road but I want to go back to something more knobby as my confidence off-road is shot with the 705.

The rear is a Mitas E-07, which is cheaper and bites harder off road without really giving anything except severe lean angle up to the K-60 on road. Still running a TKC-80 on the front which
is great on and off road.

Here: Mitas Tires - TwistedThrottle.com

This is where I get mine: Mitas Dual Sport Adventure Tires - MX1 Canada

Last edited:
Back