What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I wanted a set of back-up levers 'just in case' and found a decent supplier for some CRG-clones. I ordered them 'long' and all-black for $29 CAD shipped. They arrived today and I was so pleased with them that I installed them rather than just leaving them as a backup. The 'OEM' aftermarket levers I had on the bike weren't very good quality so these are a welcome change. I am usually inclined to go with staight OEM levers but at $45 CAD each, forget it.

Got off the beaten Path

Well mostly....

[video=youtube;f9WFgIRrUe0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9WFgIRrUe0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

IMG_0638_1.jpg

Is your buddy a hipster that records every meal to post on Facebook? I took a meal picture once for the same reason during a biketrip.

Nope he's a little small town redneck actually. Took him to this steakhouse where I live once and he loved it....Lives too far away to go though so I made sure he knew I was there. :)

I think he and I are the only men left in the world who do not use facebook......

Last edited:
Nope he's a little small town redneck actually. Took him to this steakhouse where I live once and he loved it....Lives too far away to go though so I made sure he knew I was there. :)

I think he and I are the only men left in the world who do not use facebook......

Add me to that list, of Facebook Free.

I'd rather be doing this;

[video=youtube;-nPcCM7pOm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nPcCM7pOm0[/video]

IMG_0643_1.jpg

Last edited:
On Friday I dropped the RSV4 and XV920R'S wheel off with the powder coaters. The XV920R wheels, SRX600 and RZV500 wheels will be Yamaha gold, the RSV4 wheels will be matte black.

I am so stoked I can't contain myself!

Still no calipers yet. Italy is slow this month I guess, or they are stuck in US Customs.

I don't really want to install the wheels on the Tuono until I have the calipers so the new pads bed with the new rotors. I don't want to mix old and new. Ugh.

All the cool kids are posting videos? ... Ok, I'll play.

Worked on the '08 250 a bit today. Got the freshly cleaned and reassembled carbs installed, as well as a new battery. Fired her up with no trouble, and took her out for a run around the block. Returned and changed the engine oil and cleaned/lubed the chain. All that's left is to flush the brake fluid (it's REALLY dark) and top off the coolant.

Soon, Soon, SOON!!! She'll be up for sale, and hopefully out of my garage!

[video=youtube_share;Dxd4XwJWOAo]http://youtu.be/Dxd4XwJWOAo[/video]

The RSV4 Factory wheels are ready! As are the XV920R wheels! Busy weekend. The XV will totally pop with these. That said I still need to get the rear wheel fitted to the bike. The front is plug and play.

RSV4 Factory Wheels.JPG

XV920R Wheels.jpg

Houston, we have a problem...

Apparently the fork and brake caliper combo changed in the early years. All parts are OEM...but...the calipers don't seat to the fork. Hummm.... I'm guessing the increased the disc diameter.

<edit> operator error...ugh...

1296a2345e7de67cea4c61944fd2572a.jpg

Last edited:
Back