Steering dampner - Gen 2

See what they have to say, but I would imagine that it would be fine. The whole idea is to limit the amount that the steering travels side to side as to not bottom out the steering damper. As long as you adjust the steering damper so that it's properly centered and not bottoming out I don't see an issue with mounting the little metal on either side.

I concur, if centred correctly the stop isn't needed. After trackdays and road riding, the Sprint Dampner gets a big thumbs up. It is easy to adjust whilst riding and works great.

I disagree, I tried to install the damper without the metal sticker and it hits on the end of rod limiting the action of the steering but putting the metal stop on the left side it seems to work properly, we'll see what Sprint have to say about it...

I disagree, I tried to install the damper without the metal sticker and it hits on the end of rod limiting the action of the steering but putting the metal stop on the left side it seems to work properly, we'll see what Sprint have to say about it...

is there an update on the matter above???????
i want to buy the sprint damper also
Thanks

I haven't seen Barons bike but the Sprint Dampner works great. It is adjustable & can be adjusted whilst riding to suit the style of riding. I centred mine whilst installing and it doesn't need a stop, i am sure Sprint would provide a stop if needed as they are a quality company.

I haven't seen Barons bike but the Sprint Dampner works great. It is adjustable & can be adjusted whilst riding to suit the style of riding. I centred mine whilst installing and it doesn't need a stop, i am sure Sprint would provide a stop if needed as they are a quality company.

And Sprint do it :) They provide to me a metal stick stop, let me know, Did they provide your damper without the stop? Maybe the have changed somethings and now it needs the stop. The damper works fine putting the metal stick on the left (on left standing on the bike) not on the right as Sprint says on paper, I think they have just plain wrong to write the instructions about the stop because on the paper they say "on the right" but the image attached is referred to the left side...but Sprint hasn't answered to my email.

Back