New member welcome thread...

Hello all. I'm pete and I found this forum while searching exhaust options for my new (to me) 03 Bee. It was the thread on the Werx pipe the member in PA had shipped over from the UK. Anyhow, two weeks ago I flew to Sacramento at 7 in the morning, arrived at 8:45, bought the Bee from its original owner, signed the DMV docs by noon and, after a pitstop at the local BevMo to buy some San Francisco brew we can't get in SoCal, rode her home and was back in my San Diego bed at 10:00pm. A helluva ride and a helluva day. I have put another 500 miles on her since getting home and am now looking at mods (of course). I want a new pipe for sound more than HP, but we'll see what happens. At any rate, glad to find the forum. :cheers:

The Bee:

FZ1-2.jpg

Hello

Hello,

This is Aditya from Pune in India. Just bought a new FZ1 N. It's great to be here and listen to all you experienced guys. Also, I was lucky enough to find a Center stand for my bike here in classifieds...!
Hoping to know more about you guys...

Cheers

Aditya

Welcome to the forum Aditya! The FZ1 is a great bike and I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much . Post up some pics of your ride when toy get a chance ;)

Hello All,

Another newbie here, from SW Oklahoma. Been riding bikes for a long time, first FZ1 however. Just picked up an 07 with 4600 miles. All stock except for a bobbed tail and flush mount blinkers. I'm sure I'll be picking your brains as I go, but I do know how to use the search:yes:. I currently only have 6 bikes, (but I'm always lookin!)

Lonnie

Hi Im Ray, I have been riding for 36 years and am on my 28th. bike, a Black 02 FZ1. It was a strange fate that lead me to it, I was selling my Adventure bike on craigs list this winter and was hoping to pick up another sport bike since I missed my Buell XB12s. The next thing I knew, I traded a guy straight across for the FZ. I usually do a bunch of research and ride a bunch of different bikes before choosing one. I was leaning toward a Hypermotard. I ride around 6000 miles a year, so I hope to put some miles on the FZ. So far I like it, but its been too cold to ride much here in Colorado. I have a wife and three kids and that is where most of the money goes.
I love the outdoors, fish and hunt alot as my other main hobbies. My favorite being Archery Elk, but I do a little of everything from Ducks, Geese and Upland Game Birds to Rifle Antelope. I was in the Marine Corps for seven years but now work in the Plastics Industy. I am the Manufacturing Manager and we currently make mostly tubing connectors and QD's for the medical industry. I like the Buell guys and ride with them sometimes. I hope they will not shun me on the FZ. It is what I can afford right now, and from my limited impression seems to be a nice bike. Time will tell if its the right bike for me. I like to ride the twisties, and look forward to challenging myself and this bike at the edge of its capability.

Welcome!!

Ray!! I too have a BLACK FZ1. Mine is the 2001 model and to date I have over 35 mods completed. You will grow to love her as they do everything pretty well and some things they do great !!
Again, :welcome: and let's see a pic when you can.
Here is what my blackness looks like . . .

:cheers:

I figure I've been prowling this site for long enough now that I best introduce myself. Unfortunately, I'm not on an FZ1 but bought an FZ8 late last year.
I couldn't get a ride on an FZ1 at the time but jumped on the FZ8 and loved it enough to buy it...Maybe an upgrade in a the near future but for the time being I'll be sticking with my 8 and pinching mods from alot of your threads ;)

I initially came over here after being advised of the r1 and r6 rear shock upgrade threads you had over here and ended up following alot of other threads.

So I guess the personal info is, I'm 32 and reside in Australia, Tumbi on the Central Coast to be exact. Married with 2 young boys + 1 on the way...
I've only been riding for 3-4 years and unfortunately I'm not a whiz in the garage but am trying to pick things up as I go...Learning the basics and getting the tools I need is top of the list right now so I'm hoping to pick up a fair bit of useful info from you lot :p

Hopefully you wont mind a non FZ1 owner lurking around too much, ride safe.

Welcome!
How about showing us some pics of that FZ8? What other mods have you done?
There is one in my local dealership and I keep meaning to stop and check it out but I just have not had time to do it.

Welcome Ray!
28 bikes? Damn!!! I'm not sure I have dated 28 women in my life :jk:
No reason for the Buell guys to shun you. Unless they get mad when you pass them. :D
Enjoy your stay. I think you will like your FZ1. Good amount of power and LITERALLY UNLIMITED upgrades so you can make this a very individual bike.

Last edited:
Welcome!
How about showing us some pics of that FZ8? What other mods have you done?
There is one in my local dealership and I keep meaning to stop and check it out but I just have not had time to do it.
I haven't done anything to it really. Tail tidy, rear cowl and bellypan.
I'm in the process of researching my options for suspension upgrades without a huge outlay. Though I'm not in a huge rush... still not sure if it's worth throwing a ton of money at it or just upgrade to a used FZ1 with all the work done....We'll see how it goes on a track day in a few months and go from there.
I stuck a couple of pics in the album on my profile :)

G'day,

New very anxious owner of a 2003 Bumble Bee. The bike is at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up. Its completely stock with 18000kms or 10800 miles. As soon as its home and before I start modding I'll post a pic.

I've been riding for about 20 years and my two previous bikes were an '89 Honda Transalp and a 2009 Kawi ER6N. I'm up in the Great White North sitting at the front window willing the snow to go away. Its a slow process but I believe I'm making a difference.

I've got a bunch of questions so I'll head over to the appropriate threads and start posting. Peace.

I figure I've been prowling this site for long enough now that I best introduce myself. Unfortunately, I'm not on an FZ1 but bought an FZ8 late last year.
I couldn't get a ride on an FZ1 at the time but jumped on the FZ8 and loved it enough to buy it...Maybe an upgrade in a the near future but for the time being I'll be sticking with my 8 and pinching mods from alot of your threads ;)

I initially came over here after being advised of the r1 and r6 rear shock upgrade threads you had over here and ended up following alot of other threads.

So I guess the personal info is, I'm 32 and reside in Australia, Tumbi on the Central Coast to be exact. Married with 2 young boys + 1 on the way...
I've only been riding for 3-4 years and unfortunately I'm not a whiz in the garage but am trying to pick things up as I go...Learning the basics and getting the tools I need is top of the list right now so I'm hoping to pick up a fair bit of useful info from you lot :p

Hopefully you wont mind a non FZ1 owner lurking around too much, ride safe.

Welcome. I assume you are on the sister FZ8 site as well. We are happy to have you here. I'm pretty sure many parts and mods will be the same on both the FZ1 and the FZ8. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your FZ8. In the USA we only get the faired FZ1 and the naked FZ8. Did you have the option of a faired FZ8? If so, which did you get and what color is it? (of course pictures could answer most of that ;))

Back