ZX6R Track photos, What bad body position looks like

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Heres some photos. Spent most of my day trying to get my body positon correct. I had just about got it on the FZ now I have to find it again. It got better during the course of the day but need more track time to improve track time, damn what will I do.

Removed the chicken strips for my first Mod
IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Now some photos of crappy positioning
RB8_1089.jpg

RB8_1092.jpg

RB8_1717.jpg

RB8_1192.jpg

RB8_1091.jpg

RB8_2008.jpg

RB8_1718.jpg

RE: Cool Ride

Oh man , , , I wished I looked that good on a hot sportbike like yours !! I too am green with envy !!!
Congrats on your recent purchase and here's hoping you continue to enjoy your new friend !
:+1:

Most of your pics look good mate, especially for your first time.
There are a couple where you look a bit crossed up but that never slowed Troy Bayliss down one bit ;)

Sweet!

You look fine for your first day on her. So what do you think?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Its insane on the track. I hit corners at speeds that would have really made me question my sanity on the FZ and I swear I could here it call me a little girl. A slipper clutch is the most fun thing in the world. !40 on the back straight get to turn 1, drop it 3 gears let the clutch fly and grab the brake get back on the gas before for it drops below 10 grand, yeah it makes you giggle a little. Very pleased with it on the track.

Thanks for the kind words guys, still need more track time to get it right.

Great post and great photos! I can remember looking at photos of a trackday I did and wondering how I managed to think I was positioned well but actually looked a right mess.

Man! I wished I was off yesterday. I would have run out there. I have to honestly say that I really think your body position is better on the Kawi than I saw on the FZ. Just being truthful. You look awesome on the lefthanders, head right above the mirror, arms in good position. On the righthanders however, your head is dead center on the tank. You'll get it buddy. Practice makes perfect! I hate righthanders. Don't feel comfortable at all. I could turn left all day long and have a ball. Oh, and way to go with the tires bud! "Balled" up all the way to the sidewall!! Yeah buddy!!! Love it! Did you by chance have the GoPro mounted????

Its insane on the track. I hit corners at speeds that would have really made me question my sanity on the FZ and I swear I could here it call me a little girl. A slipper clutch is the most fun thing in the world. !40 on the back straight get to turn 1, drop it 3 gears let the clutch fly and grab the brake get back on the gas before for it drops below 10 grand, yeah it makes you giggle a little. Very pleased with it on the track.

Thanks for the kind words guys, still need more track time to get it right.

No comparison huh? It's hard to beat a modern 600SS on the track.

Now add a quick shift and it will blow your mind.

Don't sweat it too much Johnny. I ride all crossed up and still seem to get it done. If you're still having fun on the track then it's all good. When the worries outweigh the fun, then it's time to hang it up. Until then just go out and do it to it!

Hi johnny, thanks for the great photos. Looks like you had a good time at the track. Checkout a video or book A Twist of the Wrist 2, by Keith Code. We here in NZ have the California Superbike School at our new Super Bike race track Hampton Downs were SBK will be visiting sometime in the future. :tup:

I think your body position is about like most of us look--non-professionals just trying to improve technique. It's almost there, just needs tweaking and practice. When you're doing it right, it's very hard physicially. Even if you're in good shape, you'll be tired after five or six laps.

I would strongly recommend you look into Lee Park's Total Control course. These are one day clinics conducted in various parts of the country and they deal almost exclusively with body positioning and, just as critical, sight lines. Where to look has a lot to do with cornering speed and efficiency and I think it's one of the hardest things to learn, but something that pay off in improved cornering.

I don't know if the track where you ride has coaches, but mine does. Every time I go--and that's once a month, at least--I spend the day working on just one or two things. That's about all I can handle and keep everything else strung together.

Yeah beats me too. I thought I would have better positioning on my friend's ZX6R but I do way better on the FZ1. It is all about dialing into every type of bike I guess.

You don't look that bad. If you relax your outer arm a bit by resting it on the tank that will help ya move your upper body inwards more and prevent the crossed up position.

I meant to post this. Saw it on one of the track forums I'm on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aW01UaHyC4&feature=player_embedded]Body Position 1.2 - YouTube[/ame]

That was a pretty good video, to the point.

The club I ride with teaches putting your chin on the inside clip on. If you think about it that requires you to 1) get your upper body down, 2) relax your inside elbow (just let it drop) 3) move your upper body to the inside line of the bike.

Couple that will riding on the balls of your feet, and sliding only half a butt cheek off and you've got it.

Back