Winter sucks.......

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
These were two storms ago... It is -25 F right now with 30+ MPH winds. I spent 5 hours out there today clearing up last night's additional foot of snow. The banks are over my head... We have enough to make a tunnel in the front yard going from the front door to the driveway that my 5 yr old granddaughter can walk through without bending over. I'll grab some more photos tomorrow when the wind dies down and the temp comes up. The third shot is my house from the neighbor's POV. Oh, and I take care of their yard too because they are in their 80's...

Feels like there's no end to this. We've had a major storm every week for 4 weeks now and smaller storms in between. If you live where there is no snow, consider yourself blessed. I'm about done with New England!

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 96
My god, the tunnel says it all. Time to move, my friend.

We've got spring flowers out right now

r1k22grl.jpg

So sorry Eric for all you guys up there. My heart goes out to all those people in Boston, NH, and Southern Maine. I couldn't even imagine having that much snow on the ground. It seems like Spring will never get here! Be careful up there you guys!

Some shots today.... The first shot shows the tunnel starting at the driveway and ending toward the flag. 2nd shot is our free insulation project. The next two are the front of the house. The 5th shot? In that mound of snow, you can see the lip of a fender... under that pile is my 6'x10' landscaping trailer as seen in the Yamahauler thread. The last two shots are of the new 4Runner after I installed the N-Fab Nerf steps. We are officially buried! :surrender: :rant:

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 82
Are you able to get to work and around town at all?

I recall a blizzard in Colorado when I was a kid, we got 36" in the Denver area in about 9 hours. Once we dug out the drive and the neighborhood street we still couldn't get anywhere as the city was still plowing. I had to cross county ski to the grocery store.

The next one, this one is going to be big too. Yesterday it was a nice 75, today 24 hours later it's 39, windy with spit.

Hang in there!

Are you able to get to work and around town at all?

I recall a blizzard in Colorado when I was a kid, we got 36" in the Denver area in about 9 hours. Once we dug out the drive and the neighborhood street we still couldn't get anywhere as the city was still plowing. I had to cross county ski to the grocery store.

The next one, this one is going to be big too. Yesterday it was a nice 75, today 24 hours later it's 39, windy with spit.

Hang in there!

Yeah, the road crews here are awesome and stay caught up most of the time. The roads are clear. It's just that every few days is a ton of work to clear this crap and it's getting very old, very fast. And I'm getting too old for these types of winters. We've been looking at real estate in Austin still. I just need to convince work to let me work remotely from that far away. Or, get a job in Austin!

Yeah, windy and cold here today. 70* in the shade is not warm. The surfers needed wetsuits in the sun.

[video=youtube;Nbk54SVQjTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbk54SVQjTU[/video]

Yep, grass is greening, flowers popping up, tree's blooming, frogs been screaming for 3 weeks, no snow in the Mtn's, been rinding to work and around, What winter ?

I'll take all the snow off your hands!!!!!!!!!!! Have only ridden 350 miles this winter................
Other than all the snow you are getting how is everyone?!?!

Last edited:
Well, summer here is a blast. I'm heading out on Sydney harbour with a friend this evening to sail in a twilight race. I may as well make the most of being in Sydney this week for work!

Back