Wind screen comparison thread

My Touring screen, national cycle v-stream. . . Looks ok for a touring screen to me, do want a shorter screen in dark smoke for just cruising around town, just trying to make up my mind what i want..

jmcculler662-albums-my-bike-picture2459-picture-4.jpg

My Touring screen, national cycle v-stream. . . Looks ok for a touring screen to me, do want a shorter screen in dark smoke for just cruising around town, just trying to make up my mind what i want..

jmcculler662-albums-my-bike-picture2459-picture-4.jpg

I was thinking of getting that screen. I assume you like ok. I'd like to get a new taller and a new shorter screen for spring and summer respectively.

I'll add one I honestly don't know if he makes for the Gen II FZ1 or not, but the FZ1 is listed through 2005. Mark Stadnik, owner/engineer at Madstad Engineering makes this for a lot of bikes. On my FZ6 I have the 19" Spyder style shield in dark smoke. These pics are before I ended up lowering the angle of the shield, so it looks especially funny. For serious tourers, this system is completely adjustable for height and angle and is rock solid. Works very well. I have it dialed in now:

f5bf5a7d.jpg

87bc0fb4.jpg

ac240f63.jpg

465da6da.jpg

987e0a33.jpg

11e7102b.jpg

That seems like a great idea since you can adjust it to your height until you find the setting that offers the least buffeting or the most protection.

I have the Puig touring in clear. Seems like a decent shield but is better than the stock. One thing I did notice though was that changing helmets made a noticeable difference. Went from a Simpson Bandit to a HJC FS-10 and that bumpy-lumpy airflow on my helmet (6'1") in near all gone. Dennis Kirk's scratch and dent store on eBay has been selling the FS-10 (discontinued) for $50/$60 USD (delivered). I liked the first one so much a bought another for a spare.

Has anybody heard of/seen this screen before? Was on the bike when I bought used.
I think it says Hersteller Motoplastics but not finding much around the web.

I'm 6'4 and it's a tall screen but I'm not super happy with the wind deflection so just trying to figure out best alternatives.

That kinda looks like the Puig Racing windscreen I just put on mine about a week ago (although it looks like it might be a bit taller than mine, or it could just be the angle of the pictures).

Good info again, I think I'll go with the Z-G Tour in smoke. I'm 5'7", stock is not working. Just for FYI, what is the height difference from stock to the tour ?

How do you keep your bikes so clean ? Mine looks like it's actually doing some driving now and then ..

Optical illusion...lol. My FZ1 is so filthy right now I'm ashamed to even show it. Seriously last year I rode through some construction zone in the rain and dirt got in everywhere and I never bothered washing it, but I will soon. I can't stand a dirty bike :D

I've got 3 different screens: ZG double bubble, ZG touring, and a Cee Bailey that I modified and added a Tour Tech 'lip', which is totally adjustable---up for cold weather, down for warm weather (there's about a 6" diference). The Cee Bailey + ''lip' has been on the bike for 1.5 yrs, due to my ridding--long distance touring. I'm still not happy with it, but not quite sure what my next step is. I've ridding my buddy's Concours, and while it has more protection, not enough to get me to put a huge screen on it.

Ok, I've poured over this thread 3 times in the last two days, and I finally found what I wanted. The Madstad MotoBracket 3 piece system is what stood out, but not for the windscreen. The base of it is made of Aluminum, and is very low profile. That is what I want- low profile, but other than a $270 Copperdawg, I was having trouble finding one.

I found their website, and called this morning. I talked to Patty. She was very professional, and when I inquired, she told me she sells the piece (With or W/o the bracket holes drilled) for $70! I just ordered one, so when it comes in, I'll post pics/micro review. As a plus, she also gave me 15% for being prior service!

Before anyone asks, no, I don't have anything to do with/don't work for Madstad, I'm just really stoked to find what I really wanted for $70!

Here's the one I bought:

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.296/.f

Last edited:
Ok, I've poured over this thread 3 times in the last two days, and I finally found what I wanted. The Madstad MotoBracket 3 piece system is what stood out, but not for the windscreen. The base of it is made of Aluminum, and is very low profile. That is what I want- low profile, but other than a $270 Copperdawg, I was having trouble finding one.

I found their website, and called this morning. I talked to Patty. She was very professional, and when I inquired, she told me she sells the piece (With or W/o the bracket holes drilled) for $70! I just ordered one, so when it comes in, I'll post pics/micro review. As a plus, she also gave me 15% for being prior service!

Before anyone asks, no, I don't have anything to do with/don't work for Madstad, I'm just really stoked to find what I really wanted for $70!

Here's the one I bought:

RoboBracket 3pc System - FZ1 ('06-'10) - 20" Clear Spyder Shield

I'm anxious to see some pictures of it installed because the pictures they have in the link are of a Gen I bike. I understand you don't really want the 'shield', but just the base. I hope you like it.

I have the Zero Gravity Double Bubble and the Zero Gravity Sport Touring. I prefer the ST, but I like the shorter DB in hotter weather (at least below 90 mph). I'm thinking about a V-Stream or a Cee Bailey. Of coruse, I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to save up for a new Penske rear shock and fork springs. I'm getting the itch for an exhaust too. Ooops, drifting off topic... :chat:
swtor+offtopic+forum.jpg

Optical illusion...lol. My FZ1 is so filthy right now I'm ashamed to even show it. Seriously last year I rode through some construction zone in the rain and dirt got in everywhere and I never bothered washing it, but I will soon. I can't stand a dirty bike :D

I just cleaned my header pipes (sort of) with autosol - it looks better than before now. Since I was already in the zone, I also cleaned the rims with wd40, but left a hundred flies or so stuck to the top fairing.

Instead of cleaning the rest i did the Lars airbox mod :p

It finally Arrived!

As promised, here are the pics of the Madstad Engineering Windscreen. I haven't rode with it yet, I just now installed it. I'll hop back on tonight and give a small post-ride review.

So far, I'm pleased as punch with the looks!

CIMG2940.jpg

CIMG2941.jpg

CIMG2942.jpg

CIMG2943.jpg

CIMG2944.jpg

CIMG2945.jpg

CIMG2946.jpg

Back