Why R6 track vs. CBR600?

If I'm looking at the CBR600 that is available for a track bike, why would I need the R6 instead?

I have done the R6 throttle tube mod on bikes before. I get that. But what else is there? I see a lot of R6's at track/races vs. the CBR600.

Convince me why the R6 is superior in performance.........anyone. Thanks!

They are both great track bikes. I've always been a Yamaha Guy so that's why I have an R6. Get what you like.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

they're both great track bikes, the r6 is just a little bit better though in all aspects. riding position, brakes, power, handling etc. not a lot, but a little. and the better the bike is, the easier it is to ride. also, there is almost a gsxr like amount of aftermarket cheap used parts for r6's on r6-forum

At this point is the bike the limiting factor in your times? Get whatever is more affordable.

and which bike fit's you best! I get a bit more legroom on a CBR then an R6, but still not enough, that's why I went for a Gixxer 750. The R1 fits great, but that's too much bike for me to handle on the track

and which bike fit's you best! I get a bit more legroom on a CBR then an R6, but still not enough, that's why I went for a Gixxer 750. The R1 fits great, but that's too much bike for me to handle on the track

I loved my k4 GSXR 750 Track bike.
It had the perfect amount of power and handling for the track.

Sent from my SG3

Huh? 17,5?

now much lower and we could talk

I rode the CBR600....and I'm still thinking about it. The bike is definitely only in shape for the track, which is all I'm looking for

yeah, the CBR is really a good price.

Actually, today there was an R6 2012 -with minor damage: needed gas tank, lower, tail for $7500 and loaded with goodies, Ohlins, etc. and it was sold in 1.5 hours on a racing forum.........way before I could even think about looking at it. And I know the seller personally. And the buyer too now that I think of it.

The 05 CBR has stuff, is much lower price, but is not an R6

Back