Where are the FZ1 Girls ?

Me & my girl.

This is me & my girl. She's perfect except for the seat. I get to hurtin after about 100 miles. Did 170 today & thought I was going to die. Any suggestions?

2010_06060029.jpg

:party0011:

This is me & my girl. She's perfect except for the seat. I get to hurtin after about 100 miles. Did 170 today & thought I was going to die. Any suggestions?

2010_06060029.jpg

:party0011:

Hi Loura, I can't attest to the comfort of the GenII since I have a GenI, but there are seats available in the aftermarket world which will make your long rides more enjoyable. Corbin, Sargent are just a couple of brands that make saddles for the GenII bikes. You may want to search FZ1inNH's threads for his seat. I believe it's a French company that reworks your original seat and makes it both comfortable and more sporty looking.

BTW, I saw your profile and there is NO WAY that your a grandmother!!! God Bless You!

Well I have the Sargent seat on my bike and while probably better than the stock seat it's not that great either. After a tank of gas I am ready for a break. A 300 mile day will definitely hurt...

Oh and I like your choice of color :D Here's my bike with the Sargent seats:

The problem is the foam on the OEM seat is too soft so you sink into it over the ride. My bike came with a Corbin but I found that the surface to be slick, and the fact that the seat surface slopes down, it forces me against the tank; not fun for a gal, especially not for for a guy. I ended up using the OEM set, for now. I plan to get the Corbin recovered and reshaped so I'm "pocketed" more and don't slide forward.

Great looking bike btw!

Last edited:
Welcome to the new comers, hope you love your bikes as much as I love mine.

Got to ride two GenII, one had stock bars (though mildly tweaked from a Dragon get off), the other aftermarket of some kind. Both modded to the gills. Nice bikes but ultimately I like my GenI better after the short rides. Maybe if the ride were longer, I may have a different impression but I see now the genII is more remake than a full upgrade.

I really like the inverted forks though, wonder if I can put them on my bike?

Crazy, next time I see you Baby will be jetted. You can test him out then if you like. Your probably right, but it seemed very close to what I already have, that short ride didn't reveal any big differences though. I suspect a rider more sensitive than I am could have gotten more out of it.

Count me in as a FZ1 girl (or woman in my case)......I just bought the FZ1 on June 15, then left for vacation on the 18...but looking foward to putting some miles on the new toy now that I'm back! :sport12:

Count me in as a FZ1 girl (or woman in my case)......I just bought the FZ1 on June 15, then left for vacation on the 18...but looking foward to putting some miles on the new toy now that I'm back! :sport12:

AND? Have we put on miles? :tup:
I'm curious, are you tall or did you lower yours? I'm 5'8" and although I can't get both feet ALL the way down, I've been riding 24 years and I manage. I wonder if it's why more women don't buy this bike, because its kinda tall.

AND? Have we put on miles? :tup:
I'm curious, are you tall or did you lower yours? I'm 5'8" and although I can't get both feet ALL the way down, I've been riding 24 years and I manage. I wonder if it's why more women don't buy this bike, because its kinda tall.

Hi Missy.....
Well, we got home on June 28th, and I've had it out twice, but work has been super crazy, so not as much as I'd like! I'm 5'3" and I'm on tippy toes the bike. I have been looking at ways to lower it a bit, but not so much that my 6'3" husband can't ride it.

Back