What is worse than Texting and driving?

Not a whole lot surprises me anymore on stuff drivers do.
I've seen people reading books (no tablets) , putting on make-up, kissing on their dog, changing clothes.
What kinda pisses me off honestly is why are LEO allowed to ride around with a GD laptop open and in use? WTH makes them so special?

Bring on the self-driving cars!

NO!!! You do NOT want the government deciding on how fast or how your car is being driven. Please, this is a Trojan horse in the guise of 'safety' that is nothing more than the first steps down the road of deciding when you can travel, how fast you can travel, and where you can travel. And eventually the government will be deciding if you even need a car. No thank you.

I'm quite surprised that motorcyclists, who are more independent and adventurous than the average cage driver, would actually be receptive to self driving cars. It would a big step down the road of restricting your freedom and manner of travel. Just remember this fact: "The bigger the government the smaller the citizen"

Last edited:
I've seen people reading books (no tablets) , putting on make-up, kissing on their dog, changing clothes.
What kinda pisses me off honestly is why are LEO allowed to ride around with a GD laptop open and in use? WTH makes them so special?

thank you.

Has anyone thought that just MAYBE she was using her tablet as a gps unit for directions? My iPad has cellular network and if im driving in an area I do not know, its a lot easier and SAFER to see directions on a tablet than a small phone. Even in slow motion, you can barely see what the driver is doing with the tablet.

Im not trying to throw fuel to the fire, but offering another idea. I will agree any person trying to read while driving is a complete idiot, and even more so when children are involved.

Has anyone thought that just MAYBE she was using her tablet as a gps unit for directions? My iPad has cellular network and if im driving in an area I do not know, its a lot easier and SAFER to see directions on a tablet than a small phone. Even in slow motion, you can barely see what the driver is doing with the tablet.

Im not trying to throw fuel to the fire, but offering another idea. I will agree any person trying to read while driving is a complete idiot, and even more so when children are involved.

"IF" she was using it as a GPS, it should be mounted up on her dash. She was looking down into her lap. Also you cannot see it in the video because I saw it from the corner of my eye, but she was actively swiping from left to right. Last I checked one does not have a need to touch a GPS once the coordinates are in and it is giving directions.

ipad mounted to the dash!?!? wouldn't that block her vision more and be worse? Plus she could have been touching the screen to wake it up or to see the next turn / exit or reroute around traffic?

there are two sides to this story, we are only getting one.

Here in Australia, if she touches her pad/phone while driving and gets caught, instant fine. I don't care what she was doing with it, if she's not watching the road she's a hazard.

The same "reason" they are allowed to speed and in Australia use phones while driving. The standard answer is " They are trained professionals" One of the worst drivers I have ever known ended up being a Highway Patrol Officer. No amount of training could have made him a good driver!

The same "reason" they are allowed to speed and in Australia use phones while driving. The standard answer is " They are trained professionals" One of the worst drivers I have ever known ended up being a Highway Patrol Officer. No amount of training could have made him a good driver!

Yeah that's a bulls**t excuse too. I don't see any racecar drivers on their tablets while driving. They are trained professionals too, and better than LEO. I'll end this here before I end up with points.:tdown:

It's the same here in the UK. "using" your phone is basically touching it whilst your behind the wheel with the engine running, and gets you an £80 fine and three points on your licence.
Deaths from phone useage in car's is levelling out with drink driving now, it's lethal! And tablets?????? They're worse in my eyes unless mounted to the car. Bigger and more cumbersome to get rid of if you need to do an emergency manoeuvre!

ipad mounted to the dash!?!? wouldn't that block her vision more and be worse? Plus she could have been touching the screen to wake it up or to see the next turn / exit or reroute around traffic?

there are two sides to this story, we are only getting one.

You may be trying to play devils advocate, but it is not working. GPS Devices need to be mounting to the Dashboard or windshield to be used safely and legally. Holding them down in your lap is Dangerous and against the law.

Nothing can convince me her side of the story is worth anything.

I see at least one or two accidents a week on that stretch of freeway and 99% of the time it is one car running into the back of another. This woman is bound to crash into someone with this behavior, it is unacceptable.

As a side note I contacted the CHP to see if they can use these videos for evidence of any kind and this was their reply:

A peace officer cannot make an arrest or issue a citation for a misdemeanor or infraction not committed in their presence. With that in mind, there is no enforcement action the California Highway Patrol can initiate against the drivers of the vehicles in your videos. If you observe dangerous driving, you can dial 911 on your cellular phone to report it to the CHP while it is occurring.

Thank you for contacting the California highway Patrol.

So basically, i would have to pull over, get out my phone and call CHP to report her and other like her..... sheesh.

You may be trying to play devils advocate, but it is not working. GPS Devices need to be mounting to the Dashboard or windshield to be used safely and legally. Holding them down in your lap is Dangerous and against the law.

Nothing can convince me her side of the story is worth anything.

I see at least one or two accidents a week on that stretch of freeway and 99% of the time it is one car running into the back of another. This woman is bound to crash into someone with this behavior, it is unacceptable.

As a side note I contacted the CHP to see if they can use these videos for evidence of any kind and this was their reply:

So basically, i would have to pull over, get out my phone and call CHP to report her and other like her..... sheesh.
Or you could keep riding next to her and call.

Back