What is the next thing to scrape after feelers?

I scraped feelers immediately on the track and do it occasionally on the street. I always back off when I have but I wanna know what scrapes next so I know what to replace. What I have gathered is exhaust or center stand will be next but I gladly welcome any information on the subject. Gen II

I scraped feelers immediately on the track and do it occasionally on the street. I always back off when I have but I wanna know what scrapes next so I know what to replace. What I have gathered is exhaust or center stand will be next but I gladly welcome any information on the subject. Gen II

Your scrapping pegs on the street? You must live by some really awesome roads! The centerstand is the next thing to lose if you don't want to spend the money on aftermarket rearsets. Other than that I'd say to bump up your preload in the rear or go to a 55 rear tire.

Your scrapping pegs on the street? You must live by some really awesome roads! The centerstand is the next thing to lose if you don't want to spend the money on aftermarket rearsets. Other than that I'd say to bump up your preload in the rear or go to a 55 rear tire.

Rearsets are being replaced but that will only remove the warning system provided by feelers and pegs. When something goes wrong then it will have gone way too wrong to correct and I want to make sure the chances are a little lower. 55 rear is already ordered and I will be installing it in 2 weeks. Preload on rear shock is unfixable to my liking as the rebound and damping cannot be setup right, gotta replace the whole thing with Penske.

Your Knee.

Ive ridden what i call agressively for a number of years and have never drug anything...i have no chicken strips at all...should i feel that my riding is a disgrace because i cant share any dragging stories?...do i have to run over the sidewall in order to drag something?...please help me...

I should be clear this is a street and track bike. I am equally at home in either setting and I want a bike that will not hold me back severely on the track. I don't mind being held back a little just not severely please.

It will depend on bike setup.

55 profile rear tyre and aftermarket rearsets and you won't likely drag anything other than your knee. On a stock setup and you will drag pegs then the stock muffler (it's HUGE).

I should be clear this is a street and track bike. I am equally at home in either setting and I want a bike that will not hold me back severely on the track. I don't mind being held back a little just not severely please.

You're definitely not asking anything unreasonable. From what I've seen online, the feelers aren't there for any good reason other than maybe to appease some lawyers? Lots of people here track their FZ1s and it seems clearance isn't much of an issue

Change your exhaust and get some rear sets and you should be good to go.

Once you get fast enough things can go wrong quickly, so if you are doing plenty of track days then I would also look into buying a cheap track bike in the future.

You're definitely not asking anything unreasonable. From what I've seen online, the feelers aren't there for any good reason other than maybe to appease some lawyers? Lots of people here track their FZ1s and it seems clearance isn't much of an issue

VFR in your avatar... to be that young again...

look in the back

Wasn't even close to feelers in that picture but they had a rough time that day. I removed them after the first session cause they were fucking huge. How do I remove the ones on the FZ1? Can't find any info in the service manual.

VFR feelers.

Wasn't even close to feelers in that picture but they had a rough time that day. I removed them after the first session cause they were fucking huge. How do I remove the ones on the FZ1? Can't find any info in the service manual.

VFR feelers.

they unscrew; fit a small open-ended wrench on them. they are held in with thread-lock though. i had to heat mine up a lot - you may want to remove the rubber foot pads before holding the torch on there (if you have to).

Back