What happened?

Do you mean when it occasionally goes down? Usually doesn't take too long to go up and running again. If you mean posting, I think after such a horrible winter, most of us, in the northeast anyways, are trying to get some riding in. Heck! It was only 46 degrees this morning when I left the house. Brrrr!!!

The trouble is that the majority of members live in North America and in the 2/3rds of it that had a 6 month winter.

Last edited:
The FZ1 Second Gen has been around since 2006 and I don't think Yamaha sells too many these days, you hardly ever see one in the showroom. Consequently there aren't a lot of new owners coming into the site, and the old owners have already posted on everything under the sun. I think the activity going forward is only going to get slower. It's got nothing to do with the winter, imo.

It was the switch over to 998cc.org that I think caused many to drop out to the other blog.

There are still many "new" used FZ1 folks. They will come around if they are interested.

I hop on every once in a while to see what going on, but, since I never did move to an FZ1, don't need much advice on the bike! lol. It's about the same on the 6R site though, seems to come in spurts and spittles...

its exactly when we switched to 998. who the hell googles 998cc? no one. and how does that specify an fz1? it don't. but, lawsuits be lawsuits.

its exactly when we switched to 998. who the hell googles 998cc? no one. and how does that specify an fz1? it don't. but, lawsuits be lawsuits.

if you google fz1 forum, this site is still number one (same for fz6r forum). the site maintained it's search ranking even with the domain name change. but yeah, someone might see the domain names and pick one with "fz" in it first.

I believe it is a combination of the switch and the age of this machine. The switch had a profound effect on us here, but when you look at the age of the bike, now at 9 years with hardly a change, I think nearly every possible mod has been revisited a few times over so there isn't much to add. Every aspect of maintenance and upgrades have been discussed time and time again, so there is nothing new. The FZ1 community is running out of ideas.

The other site has a lot more of a social aspect. I see a ton of discussion outside of the FZ1 but not a whole lot of "new" items about the bikes themselves. They do have a lot more technical content and it is brought forward over and over.

Here, we stayed closer to the subject of the site and to coin a phase, we've beaten that dead horse many times.

I guess, the bike is "old" regardless of the year and has become stagnant... I would expect the site to follow suit. Myself, I have been so busy with work and home (and Game of War!) that I've neglected the forums in general, ignored Facebook (not really a bad thing!) and just have not had time to provide input at all, and for that I apologize.

I dont think " the other site " is as friendly as this one if I'm honest ,, speaking of beating a dead horse I'm on the rd forum and these bikes have been about since the 70s and the forum is always active , yes the same questions get repeated but it's all in a days work

Back