What does this connection do?

A brief explanation of the answer would have been nice vs. going to another forum and having to click through a half dozen other links to additional threads. Especially after someone asked what was the answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Its the rectifier

I have the same problem but my bike will start ans running until i turn off the bike and battery dont have enought power to restart but i do have 2 white câble from that connection that are.cooked in trying to find a diagram how to test the rectifier

Last edited:
Its the rectifier

I have the same problem but my bike will start ans running until i turn off the bike and battery dont have enought power to restart but i do have 2 white câble from that connection that are.cooked in trying to find a diagram how to test the rectifier
Yours sounds more like a stator issue than voltage regulator/ rectifier. Could be either but usually the stator is the cause of a no charge issue. Often times is a voltage reg/ rectifier is bad it will blow out lights etc because there is no limit to the power output of the stator. Which also puts out AC hence the need for a rectifier.

I did test the stator with the manual and also bought a new stator but i can see the same result with my tester the old and the new one. and i just open the cover and it dosent look too dark or burn but i do have the rectifier connection the whites cables wires are burn a little

I did test the stator with the manual and also bought a new stator but i can see the same result with my tester the old and the new one. and i just open the cover and it dosent look too dark or burn but i do have the rectifier connection the whites cables wires are burn a little

You'll likely never be able to look at a stator and see if it's bad. I've replaced several and never had one look bad. However if it ohms out good it likely is. Change the regulator first obviously but stators can ohm out fine and still be bad.

Back