What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I changed the rear oil and road the Super Ten for a few hours in some freezing windy weather . I seen no other bikes and only a few horse and buggys !!

1d55b4d9daf62ca77bdddce37fc58cab.jpg
21da0c9b4746807c0f66751779fd0f84.jpg

Ive been getting these MCN magazines for 20 years !!
Its funny how alot of things have improved: horsepower, tires, traction control ; BUT 1/4 MILE TIMES HAVE NOT !!
I will post some differences in twenty years in some of the poular bikes later !!

Went for my first ride on the KTM with a few good friends in Sam Houston National Forest. I knew the KTM would be easier than the DRZ on the single track but I had no how much easier. I had done it enough on the DRZ that I felt pretty confident. It almost seemed too easy on the KTM. It was the first time I rode with pure dirt tires and the traction seemed ridiculous to me. That KTM 250 is perfect for single track trails. Light and nimble with tons of extra power. When you roll the throttle it just plain moves. I did about 21 miles of single track. I was completely exhausted and very sore today. Never went down. On my DRZ I would have gone down 3-4 times.

Some of my buddies should have some video I can post soon.

No one in this group is an MX superstar but everyone is having fun and getting more and more used to dual sporting.

[video=youtube;ZXZ7Ifqblww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZ7Ifqblww[/video]

Well i started her up !!
And whats so great about that is ........,
I havent started the FZ up since Thanksgiving .
An 09 original Yuasa battery with no trickle or other charging for at least four months of COLD weather !!!
Suck it shoria !!!

Nothing today. As I slipped on ice just outside the front step, fell and fractured my wrist. We're not supposed to have ice here this late in February. Orthopedic on Monday.

20150228_144456.jpg

Last edited:
Back