What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

1d21b72d4c167534c2d486f6da59be19.jpg
5bf0ab086bf877533301f16d8cc25c66.jpg

Got my first farkel for the super ten and my first yoshi .
Dam this pipe is pretty

I ordered some bling for the Tuono. I was digging through the Aprilia parts catalog and discovered that RSV4 Factory Brembo M4 calipers cost less than retail as a spare. $428 per each caliper kit; X2 calipers, pads, clips, etc. Retail new is between $800 and $1,400 depending on finish.

I also discovered that the Ohlins steering damper is less as a spare than retail. So I picked one up too. The idea is make my bike a "Factory", then if I decide to get the new Tuono, transfer the parts. But that won't happen, if it even does, until next year.

The hard part to find are the Ohlins forks. I'll keep my eyes open. I'm sure something will pop up this summer.

This fractured wrist thing is costing me money!

BREMBOM4CALIPER_400x224.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered some bling for the Tuono. I was digging through the Aprilia parts catalog and discovered that RSV4 Factory Brembo M4 calipers cost less than retail as a spare. $428 per each caliper kit; X2 calipers, pads, clips, etc. Retail new is between $800 and $1,400 depending on finish.

I also discovered that the Ohlins steering damper is less as a spare than retail. So I picked one up too. The idea is make my bike a "Factory", then if I decide to get the new Tuono, transfer the parts. But that won't happen, if it even does, until next year.

The hard part to find are the Ohlins forks. I'll keep my eyes open. I'm sure something will pop up this summer.

This fracture wrist thing is costing me money!

View attachment 22082

You should have had them wrap your fingers while they were at it Pete, to keep you from using the mouse and keyboard!

954cd2dd916775ce4e9af4e92dc168c9.jpg
e1510487d000559025aed1078d92c2ba.jpg

I put a cheap Chinese top box on the super ten. And then i beat the crap out of the her for 200 miles !! It was all tight twisty roads !! It took me about six hours and im very sore and HAPPY [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] !!!
BE SAFE EVERYBODY POT HOLES . DEER AND STUPID PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE

Today I woke up at the girlfriend's, packed with the intention of going on a couple day tour down in the Washington Olympia region. We had a massive thunderstorm yesterday evening and the clouds were still lingering so I decided I would just go home instead. Three blocks from home I noticed the front brakes felt wrong. As it turns out, they were indeed 'wrong'. The front right pad retainer broke and one of the pads fell out and was just hanging around. I parked the bike and ordered the part, should have it in a couple of days.

Today I woke up at the girlfriend's, packed with the intention of going on a couple day tour down in the Washington Olympia region. We had a massive thunderstorm yesterday evening and the clouds were still lingering so I decided I would just go home instead. Three blocks from home I noticed the front brakes felt wrong. As it turns out, they were indeed 'wrong'. The front right pad retainer broke and one of the pads fell out and was just hanging around. I parked the bike and ordered the part, should have it in a couple of days.

Good thing you noticed that could have been ugly. Good bike you didnt even have to push her !!

Finally getting a break from the rain here, and I'm feeling better (was pretty sick last week - fever, chills, bla, bla, bla) so I started tearing into my brother-in-law's old '08 Ninja 250. It was left sitting outside at my sister-in-law's house under a ripped cover that wasn't providing any real protection. I have a new battery for it and just have to get the tank drained and the carbs cleaned/rebuilt. I tore the bike down today. Tank is off - but not drained yet, carbs are off and disassembled and parts are soaking. I'll get back on it tomorrow, I did pretty much all I wanted to do with it for today. Those parts need time to soak anyway.

I need to hurry up and get it running so I can sell the darned thing. I just bought it to flip it. He moved to Germany and left it here at my sis-in-law's house. Hopefully it will be an easy rebuild and hopefully it'll sell fast!

I'm just sad that I can't ride my bike for a couple days. Oh well, it gave me some time to clean the garage, return the used oil, tidy the garden, etc... Boring :(

So this is my issue:
[video=youtube;Gjt_fQ4BcxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjt_fQ4BcxU[/video]

I called my local dealer and ordered a whole replacement assembly to go with the new retainer clip.

Back