What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

It might or as Billy mentioned bump starting it ! This is common for any vehicle thats been sitting for a while good luck !!

Got a response from a few folks on the local dirt forum. They say the bike plain and simply needs to warm up when it is cold out. Was 41 yesterday on a cold start. Everyone that had one of these told me they searched forums for the same info as me when they first got it.

Got a response from a few folks on the local dirt forum. They say the bike plain and simply needs to warm up when it is cold out. Was 41 yesterday on a cold start. Everyone that had one of these told me they searched forums for the same info as me when they first got it.

Thats great Brad !! Go for it !! I know they are very FAST be carefull !!

I had my KTM taken directly to the shop from the seller just to have all the fluids and cables checked and make whatever adjustments need making. Need a new countershaft seal and rear axle nut but those are my only real issues. I have them also installing new sprockets, chain, skid plate, kick stand and brush guards.

I need to make a mental note to look for the rear axle bolt nut when I am checking a bike out and certainly before I test ride it. ;)

P.S. Got my Ohlins front end installed today. Stil la little softer than it should be even with their stiffest springs. I have to take it back in Tuesday. The shop is going to call Ohlins then and sort out what needs to be done.

Loving her so far. 500 miles and a few canyon rides. She changes direction so quick and handles very well, is comfy, I love the styling and the fact she is unique. Obviously down on power compared to the FZ1 and she only does around 120 per tank. But I bought her to have fun and she has delivered it. :)

Attachments

• Shiver At Newc's.jpg
    Shiver At Newc's.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 42
Ran her hard today. She performed great! Spanked a Tuono and a Guzzi Centrieno in the twist. Broken tail light mount 3.0. Made 4.0 and installed clubmans tonight. Video tomorrow.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422162810676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422162810676.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 28
I picked up a zero mile, brand new Ohlins shock from a 2014 Aprilia RSV4 Factory for the Tuono. $320 ducks!

The Sachs shock is pretty nice, but the Ohlins is that much nicer!

Ohlins Tuono V$.JPG

Nope it was on Ebay. The guy didn't have it labeled well so it didn't come up in my first couple of searches. I was the only bidder. He upgraded from this shock to a TTX. For all but the best the Factory Ohlins is supposed to be a great shock.

I'm keeping my eyes pen for Brembo monoblock calipers too. They are on lots of crashed Ducs. The price this time of year is about $475 a pair. I'm hoping to find a set for the $300 to $350 mark. We'll see.

Took a few years to find a complete body set, 09 SM from a guy in Florida. He just through all this parts in a box with out wrapping, I'm sure they looked better on his end.

I found a tank by luck as well. The graphics are not the same but look OK to me.

I raised it back up 1 3/4", back to toe touching. A clutch is next and some kinda street tires.

31e2ffa10936598b01ccf5052396d407.jpg

I am in the middle of building up a little mini moto gp ttr125 That I picked up for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back