What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Ordered SW Motech mounting rings for both bikes, and a Bags Connect tank bag. Now I can have one tank bag for both bikes.

I also ordered OEM fairing mounted Euro turn signals and OEM Tuono mirrors for the Stelvio.

The US mirror mounted signals fall apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Clear and dry all day till I got home then Clouded up. Needed to take the Honda out and run it, fill it, and get it ready for a winter nap. Mid 40's, Got home added a log on the fire, hot water on and some 100 Proof Peppermint shops to some Hot Chocolate.
001_zps630daecb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picked my FZ up from the dealer at lunch time with 000000km on the odometer. Rode it straight to work, where I currently am, and it now has 000057km on the clock. :D

My Suzuki GS500 was sold this afternoon. It has been quite faithful and I will miss it a bit when it goes.

Minor milestone. These days I usually average about 3,500 miles a year on the my bikes. If my wife road it would be much more.

I just cleared 3,520 miles in 2.5 months with the Tiger. I feel 20 again. ;)

Decided to show the SV650 some lovin and ride it out to Mom's place. So I broke out the air compressor, topped of the air in the tires and threw on my gear.

Cranked the bike and smelled fuel - 'man, is this thing running rich or what', I thought. Fortunately I looked down to notice the LAKE of fuel that was forming near my left boot. Needless to say, I quickly shut it off, before I lit up like one of Nick Cage's Ghost Rider stunt doubles!

In the end, the Fazer had her way, and SHE was the bike that took me to Mom's place ...

Got in my AltRider Luggage rack, Garmin 650t, Garmin Powered Cradle, GPS RAM Mount, and a fuse block.

The Fuse Block I bought is really cool. Simply changing the fuse position will change whether that device is always on or on when the ignition is on.

FUZEBLOCKS.COM

Now I need heated grip and a second power let outlet for charging other devices or powering a heated vest.

Photos to come.

Over this last weekend I had one too many hard landings on my KLR and the top bolts holding the sub frame in place snapped along with the welds on the braces gave way. I was able to ride it 60 miles home on the pavement.
IMG_2073_zps3de41a3c.jpg

IMG_2074_zps194a4b83.jpg

IMG_2079_zpsa0411a6e.jpg

So with the donor bike in the background (I traded a case of beer to get it with a blow motor:D) it was time for some surgery. All is apart for the sub frame swap but I am waiting for a drill/bolt kit from Eagle Mike to make this weak link stronger. Actually I am surprised this hadn't happen sooner as I have had this bike in the back road country of Death Valley 4 times. Those back roads will beat the sh*t out of any bike.

Over this last weekend I had one too many hard landings on my KLR and the top bolts holding the sub frame in place snapped along with the welds on the braces gave way. I was able to ride it 60 miles home on the pavement.
IMG_2073_zps3de41a3c.jpg

IMG_2074_zps194a4b83.jpg

IMG_2079_zpsa0411a6e.jpg

So with the donor bike in the background (I traded a case of beer to get it with a blow motor:D) it was time for some surgery. All is apart for the sub frame swap but I am waiting for a drill/bolt kit from Eagle Mike to make this weak link stronger. Actually I am surprised this hadn't happen sooner as I have had this bike in the back road country of Death Valley 4 times. Those back roads will beat the sh*t out of any bike.

That Kit is the way to go for sure. A friend of mine has broken his KLR's sub-frame a few times now, riding with me. He says it's my fault for where I take him and how fast I go. :dontknow:

I did not manage to break my new KLR (2010), but I was just starting out with the off-road thing at the time.

Thanks Lee, jumping the KLR pig over water bars on the local forest roads may have also been a bit much for this beauty. :innocent:

Yes I managed to get my rear shock to leak from fully-loaded-touring mode and stupid-rocky-trail, mixing. It is off for a rebuild since it costs more than an Ohlins to replace.

I bought a Blind hole bearing puller set to do my wheels over the winter. Man those are dear, but it should last my lifetime (or at least the part that will require its use).

Ordered a few parts today as well to continue the winter R&R of the beast.

Pictures to follow on the weekend.

Speaking of which, paging HAIL, paging doctor HAIL...were we getting pictures?? You know I like those sort of things. :Rockon:

Speaking of which, paging HAIL, paging doctor HAIL...were we getting pictures?? You know I like those sort of things. :Rockon:

Soon! Work has taken over. I am now managing IT in our Denver office as well as the Texas offices. Heading to Denver next week.

Hope to have everything installed over the weekend.

Last edited:
Soon! Work has taken over. I am now managing IT in our Denver office as well as the Texas offices. Heading to Denver next week.

Hope to have everything installed over the weekend.

I understand. I have boxes of goodies and no time.

I was in San Antonio Sunday and Monday. Off to Ft Worth tonight and Friday, then Shreveport next Wednesday and Thursday.

No rest for the wicked!

I understand. I have boxes of goodies and no time.

I was in San Antonio Sunday and Monday. Off to Ft Worth tonight and Friday, then Shreveport next Wednesday and Thursday.

No rest for the wicked!

Me on the other hand, have months worth of weekends now that winter is here. Too busy during the week, but I'll keep taking pictures of the process as the weeks pass and the repair and refresh progresses.

I do have a little "bling" to install, with a new Orange anodised Oberon Clutch Slave, and rear Supersprox sprocket.

Back