What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Not today but last weekend.

New chain and sprockets on the YZ250. The factory sprockets were pretty cheesy, 40hrs on the bike and the rear sprocket was toast. Replaced with Sunstar steel sprockets (heavier but will last way longer) and top of the line DID chain.

Also new chain and sprockets on the DRZ400. Same deal, Sunstar steel sprockets and DID chain.

Unfortunately what prompted replacement on the DRZ was when the chain broke on the shittiest strech of freeway in the state causing a nice 4 mile walk home to get my truck and sketchy recovery operation. The chain/sprockets only had 3000 or so miles (on a low power bike), and the chain wasn't stretched out that much. It was always lubed properly and kept within prope3 slack specs (just like all my bikes).

The lesson learned here is DO NOT EVER buy Rocky mountain MC's in house brands (tusk, primary drive etc). Made in China garbage that has no business on any motorcycle, period.

Last edited:
A new chain and sprockets and a startup after the winter :)

IMAG3028.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejQaSsoZKwQ&feature=share&list=UUfbYL4ZSkg9NtnR85GbEr-Q]Winter startup of 300hp FZ1 Turbo - YouTube[/ame]

I am officially registered for my first novice off road class. Time to get the DRZ dirty. Trust me. I need it.

13275d1361240011-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-capture.jpg

This course will cover the following:
  • •Motorcycle Dynamics
  • •Adjusting the Motorcycle to the Rider
  • •Balance Exercise
  • •Proper lifting of a downed Motorcycle
  • •Rider Position on the Motorcycle for off-road
  • •Enduro Steering
  • •Warm-up on Motorcycle drill
  • •Slow Riding
  • •Riding in a circle
  • •Navigating Figure-8's with balance & clutch control
  • •Proper riding technique for Washboards
  • •Proper body position for Camel Humps
  • •Proper foot peg weighing for Ruts
  • •Emergency stopping on a hill
This course is approximately 5 hours in duration, at a cost of $195.00/per participant.

OK - I am registered also. :woot::woot:

Back