What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

45* ? Looks like 90* from here but Ya good idea. Looking like out riding days are DONE :-( What tires did you go with ?, I have lot's of tread left.

You are correct , I don't know what I was thinking Colt 45 ? I went with Pilot Road 4 on the front and a Roadsmart 2 on the back. How many miles do you have now?

2e796501dae4e3ee69cc8a4e716f43f8.jpg

Bought a Harbor Freight static balancer and balanced the tires for the super ten and the darksider rear for the ST .
Although the Dunlap needed no weights !!
While i had them on the stand i cleaned and waxed the spokes .
The stealership quoted me $40 to balance the two rims !! The balancer and the weights cost me $40
I had a friend come over thats been doing his for years and said im right on the money , he also said i should get the reusable weights that clip on the spokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

practised a bit my DIY tire change abilities by removing the Continental TKC80 and put back on the Heidenau front tire. Still tricky with the innertube though...used the rim protectors but damned they slipped when using the tire iron...so another mark on the rim...next the rear tire

practised a bit my DIY tire change abilities by removing the Continental TKC80 and put back on the Heidenau front tire. Still tricky with the innertube though...used the rim protectors but damned they slipped when using the tire iron...so another mark on the rim...next the rear tire

After a while you will stop worrying about that. With a dual purpose bike, actually used as such, gravel flying will pit up the rims. I have put lots of dings in mine banging over rocks, and doing trail side tube replacement. I don't bother with rim protectors any more.

Sit the tires in the sun, and make sure both sides get warm before doing the tires change. It is much easier that way.

Last edited:
I bleed my brakes cleaned and lubed all the calibers because my rear pads are shot ???
79a0845f66c6720b1935918cf8ccb4c4.jpg

The brake fluid was shot a 2013 bike with 9,500 miles on it and the brake fluid was Black ???
I got some cheap Ebay shorty adj. levers for $20 del. from China in 10 days [emoji106] they fit perfect and work !!
226c352279fc9279f34e09ac518350a8.jpg

Im working on converting a big winshield from my Honda and ill be set for winter !!

e5b4db448ca7f80ed557ab20f03b99d1.jpg
8b086378694fc323e8e2937460268c8d.jpg

I replaced the super cheap horn on the S Ten , as you can see the stock one looks like it came of a Powerwheels kiddy car ! ! The replacemant Wolo horn is MUCH louder and was less than $8 delivered COME ON YAMMI !!

You have the Shop book ? My horn is LOUD, same size I think the DRZ has but much louder. Breaks ? To much braking :sport12:

I know dont saying what [emoji16]?
I purchased the wolo because the one on my Honda is full of water so i tried it out on the Tenere because it was easy to get to . Thats when i found out how CHEESY it is .

4af1884e57620349c49798aa7a879cab.jpg

I hit 10,000 miles tonite !! Ive had her almost a year and i broke my arm so i think i did pretty good !!

TAKE A LOOK AT THE TEMPATURE FOR DECEMBER 12TH

Oil comparison in the Super Ten , i changed the factory oil at 700 miles and put Yamalube 10/40 synthetic , then at 5,000 miles i put Amsoil 10/30 ,today at 10,000 miles i put Shell Rotella T6 an ran her 150 miles . I noticed No difference between the Yamalube,Amsoil, or the Rotella in the ST . My freind put 60,000 miles on his Super Ten with Rotella and it runs like a new bike .I usually try and spring for Yammi or Honda filters . Just my opinion

Back