What did you do to your FZ today?

Strapped on USB TAPP Lite, very handy.

DSC01096.jpg

Installed Puig dark smoke racing screen.

DSC01069.jpg

Thanks for posting these! Mine is still sitting on the shelf in my garage. ;)

CanonFuji wanted his Carb Sync Tool back so I figured to do mine again before he picked it up. I have recently noticed a slight vibration at 5,500 rpms in my right hand which was giving me numbness over long runs. Funny enough, it was 3-4 that were a little off from each other and 1-2 was off a bit from 3-4. It wasn't drastically off but off none the less. I ran down quick and got it done in a half hour. She's running smoothly again and I'll have to see about the vibration when I take her out later. I'll have to break down and get one of those tools, as they are invaluable to have and it's one of the easiest maintenance things to do to your own bike that without a doubt will save you a bit of money. Here's a quick vid I shot this morning......................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS1Yz0Dcivw]‪FZ1 Carb Synchronization‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

With all the talk about how to clean headers I decided to clean my headers. Well, I'd already decided to do it today when I saw the thread. Anyway pics of cleaned and polished headers!
DSCN0052.JPG

While I was cleaning and polishing, I made sure to get the mid pipe and can (one of these days I'll replace this with something I don't have to clean!) because the pipe can patina there and if you've got a clean mid pipe, you need a clean muffler!
DSCN0066.JPG

While I was cleaning the muffler, I cleaned most of the carbon buildup out of the tail pipe. I got this muffler used and the carbon back there always bothered me. This time I was stronger or used the right kind of cloth because I got it out without any issues unlike the first time I tried.
DSCN0069.JPG

I say most because I got tired and decided to stop and save some energy for tomorrow when Cruzman and I will install my r6 shock. This is what's left to get out:
DSCN0062.JPG

You've got to be laying down behind the bike looking into the pipe to see it though, so I figure it's safe to call it clean :) Did I mention I love that barkeeper's friend?

Now, yesterday I put together my dogbones for the r6 shock upgrade, got the longer bolts, and measured them so they'd be at the stock height when we do the swap.
DSCN0024.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

Devilsyam says the adjustable ones are overkill but I went with these because I wanted to make my own dogbones and I don't have a drill press plus I'm incapable of drilling a straight hole freehand style. That and Cruzman said he wouldn't make mine when he made his, some Motohubby! These are his:
My%252520Bones.jpg

(okay not really that upset, mine are prettier!)

Next pic tomorrow will be of Baby's FZR6 Shock!

Last edited:
Modding Interruptus

Took the R6 shock to Cruzman's yesterday to get it mounted on the bike but it wasn't meant to be! The bolts I rushed out to get on Friday were too big : oops: (I was afraid they would be since standard/metric isn't always a match) and no local place has them in the size I need. Am placing an online order with fastenal for my bolts, new nuts, and bolts for Cruzman. Hope to have the shock on the bike next week.

But all was not lost, Cruzman did an outstanding job prepping the shock for install!
DSCN0084.JPG

DSCN0088.JPG

DSCN0093.JPG
DSCN0097.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

This means once I get the bolts, I can install the shock myself!

Patrice, looks like you have gone full bonkers over modding yours ... hehehe ... who is the mod w**** ;) ;)
Not me. It just looks like it that's all! Besides, it took me two years before I even started seriously modding. The multigauge would have been second but I was too broke from buying the bike the last time it came around.

Don't y'all keep telling me suspension is a must? Now suspenspension mod? check!

Okay almost check...still waiting on parts. In the meantime, I'll find the right camera angle to get the before and after vids I want!

Last edited:
Satans Hwy pegs & Top Saddlery/Sellerie seat. Type 1 Long & Tall wrapped in SEL003 with SEL034 pipe.
Jury is out on the seat until further testing. Could do 80min on stock, 4hrs on Yama Gel before boney ass got squirmy.

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

I just finished ivans FCE and flies,full Yosh r77 system,pc3 and ignition module. I can't believe the difference.It's like a whole new bike:eek5:

Yea, doing all those mods at once totally transforms the bike. Did you also modify the airbox and put a hi-flo air filter?

Finally got around to installing factory FZ1 decals to my full fairings. They just looked too naked w/o anything on them...lol

attachment.php

Also upgraded the firmware on my PC V to the latest version. Now it's ready for the Ignition Module ;)

attachment.php

Finally got around to installing factory FZ1 decals to my full fairings. They just looked too naked w/o anything on them...lol

That's funny cause I just got around to removing those same decals off of mine lol ...what a pain that was, heat gun, WD40 Goof off and a lot of scrubbing.

a few updates

My 2010 with new touring windshield and proton turn signals. The fender kit was already on when I bought it, I think its by werks. Still waiting on v&h cs one pipe, hopefully next week.

Back