What did you do to your FZ today?

Ride about 200 miles today, went to Bonham state park, (I'm still exploring Texas) and Lake Bonham was nice, but a pond by the standards of where I come from. :) the bike is running AWESOME. Definately enjoying wrenching and learning almost as much as riding. :)

mockup of aux lights:
DSCF3677.JPG

Aux Lights Test on Gen 1 FZ1 - Video

I still need to get a switch and a relay before I can wire them to the bike.

Any ideas of the best place to wire into? Turn signal running lights or brake lights or a different place?

Also ordered bi xenon conversion kit from kryptonbulbs.com

Last edited:
I've never bothered with radiator guards, never seen the point of them as I've never had a stone damage a radiator!

Iv'e never hit my head when I crashed a bike, but I still wear a helmet. Just sayin'. Good insurance, It would only take once to ruin your day and a guard is MUCH cheaper than a new rad. Beside that they look nice.

Called my parts guy and got the good word - 2 bros carbon fiber and Power Commander are in!!!

(spending the rest of my day tapping my feet waiting to get off work...)

Pics will be up tomrorow. This thing sounds WICKED!! Just did some sick driving and I freaking love it!

Edit:

Deffinatley hear a TON more of the decel pop though, so the AIS is getting deleted pretty soon.

Last edited:
I removed the "read the manual before you ride the bike" sticker on the tank. What a pain in the arse.
I'm hanging for my accessories to arrive.
I have a Carbon MIVV Suono coming from Italy. A Yamaha Fly screen and Yamaha LED indicators coming from the UK and finally dodgy blue Chinese Pazzo-like levers and swingarm pick up spools from Hong Kong.

papa, I had a lot of popping until I did the RavenRider Kit. Popping decreased dramatically. You didn't mention if you "adjusted" your jetting to match the new exhaust.

Also, please try to use a different term when describing the removal of the AIS. I'm only truly offended by one thing and that is the casual use of that word.

Didnt change the jetting, it already had a slip on so Dale told me not to worry about it.

Not that I care, im doing a stage 2 jet kit with a Dale Walker header over the winter anyways.

Still removing the AIS though lol.

Back