What did you do to your FZ today?

Ordered a set of ContiMotions (@ $170 delivered how could I not?) and a bigger tank bag from competition accessories.

Cleaned the bugs of off the fairing, wiped down the fender. Next time the dawg goes outside, I'll rub a little more. By the end of the night, whole bike should be clean.

Decided to paint the rad shrouds with the same paint I used on the tail case.

Working on a pvc camera mount for the chinese flashlight camera I got to replace the md80 that I kept throwing down the road. After a few spills (more than 5) it didn't work like when i first got it.

Got my carb synchronizer today from a guy on the OTHER forum. Waiting on my motohubby to tell me when I can come to his house (meet his real wife) and learn how to sync my carbs.

I put on a dark smoke DB Zero Gravity windscreen

I attempted to paint the inside of my factory screen flat black...and it actually looked pretty good, but the Zero Gravity double bubble dark smoke was exactly what I wanted. This thing looks great.
I also wanted a small bag to hold a few things...so I went with the Joe Rocket Manta tail bag.
Here are the pics...

Well well after spending a few thousand to get her, the question should be What Has my FZ1 done For Me TODAY? Did it leave a big grin on my face, did it accelerate out of a possible dangerous situation? If the answer to any of those is no, then the FZ owes us, no more spending money on her until she has paid back that $7K

First mods...cut the airbox and de-screened the filter. Haven't really noticed a difference in performance?? Next will be PCV, flies and a slip on. I like it now, I'm sure I will like it even more then!!

First mods...cut the airbox and de-screened the filter. Haven't really noticed a difference in performance?? Next will be PCV, flies and a slip on. I like it now, I'm sure I will like it even more then!!

You will really notice what you did today once you get the slip on installed. Remember more air in needs more flow out. Even without the flies and PCV.

I attempted to paint the inside of my factory screen flat black...and it actually looked pretty good, but the Zero Gravity double bubble dark smoke was exactly what I wanted. This thing looks great.
I also wanted a small bag to hold a few things...so I went with the Joe Rocket Manta tail bag.
Here are the pics...

I like the screen on there, but I have a feeling that is the Sport Touring model, not the DB. I have the ST and it looks just like mine.

I just ordered the short DB for mine today, should have it in a week and a half.

I fashioned up some Tie-Down Straps to clip into the existing clips on my saddle bags. They are intended to be a tie down point for the Fieldsheer Tail Bag, but I thought tie down straps would be more useful (and much cheaper, at less than $10 total)

b9b0373d.jpg

And here is just a demo of what they're used for (no, I'm not just hauling around an empty 5 gal bucket.)
eed1e2a4.jpg

Also took the first pics of my recently installed RAM Mount GPS Mount.
6dace4eb.jpg

22dfc7bd.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pics, took them with my phone inside a shed. Too lazy to go get the good camera.

My bike hasn't moved since I got back from the rally....still waiting on tires. The Conti Motions I ordered were on back order. I finally called about them on Saturday when they didn't get here last week and changed my order to the Pirelli Angels set that was in stock for only $220 delivered at Competition Accessories.

Still waiting on the order to go from pending to shipped.

Yesterday, I thought about sitting on the bike and making vroooom vroooom noises. Instead I watched videos from my last riding weekend. Helped some but not enough. It might be time to get my VX800 from the guy who's been keeping it but I have no where to put it.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have the "frosted" bottom like the stocker that hides the back of the gauges.

On the tires...I shoulda checked my email. I got a tracking #!!! Items have shipped, scheduled delivery is tomorrow!!

:yes:

If my brother brings me his floor jack and jack stands, I may be able to have them mounted tomorrow too. That'll be $256 mounted ($36 mounting for the set) for the Pirelli Angels.

:flash:

Then I can test my cameras and the windscreen!!!
:thewave:

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have the "frosted" bottom like the stocker that hides the back of the gauges.

On the tires...I shoulda checked my email. I got a tracking #!!! Items have shipped, scheduled delivery is tomorrow!!

:yes:

If my brother brings me his floor jack and jack stands, I may be able to have them mounted tomorrow too. That'll be $256 mounted ($36 mounting for the set) for the Pirelli Angels.

:flash:

Then I can test my cameras and the windscreen!!!
:thewave:

Just make sure you scrub them in before you get crazy!

Well if you want to be creative you can tape off the rest of the screen and paint the inside of the lower section flat black. Another option is to find someone local with a bead blaster and again after taping off the rest of the screen bead blast the bottom. Should give you that same frosted effect...or you can just leave it like it is ;)

Back