What did you do to your FZ today?

Got around to finishing the install of the marine grade power outlet and Garmin GPS handle bar mount. The outlet fits perfectly on the left side panel. Got everything wired with a 5A fuse. Over the Winter I'll probably take the time to solder all the connections, but for now it will do. I opted not to get a weatherproof mount as I really don't have a need for it. I am using the factory Garmin mount so it's very easy to remove the GPS, yet it holds it in place very securely.

Nicely done Tony. Do you have a pic of the clearance when the adapter is plugged in? My Garmin adapter seems to be rather tall so I am considering a mount where you put that rocker switch.

Got around to finishing the install of the marine grade power outlet and Garmin GPS handle bar mount. The outlet fits perfectly on the left side panel. Got everything wired with a 5A fuse. Over the Winter I'll probably take the time to solder all the connections, but for now it will do. I opted not to get a weatherproof mount as I really don't have a need for it. I am using the factory Garmin mount so it's very easy to remove the GPS, yet it holds it in place very securely.

It looks great Tony. I didn't realize how much "flatter" your GenII inserts were compared to mine. You probably could have used the plate that was provided in the kit? It looks really good. Dont forget to bring a quality ZipLock bag with you for the GPS just in case.;)

Looks great Tony. If I ever get around to adding it perhaps you could supervise me. I was just thinking this morning as I was lost somewhere north of Bound Brook that I could sure use a GPS. I was out for about 3 hours and decided I had enough of the heat and came home.

One of the best things I have added to the bike. My wife and I will gear up and with her following, she says, "Just go... I'll follow!" So, we strike out and it really doesn't matter to us where we turn or end up. At the end of the day when we start to get tired, I just hit the "Home" button and it guides us back directly to home, however, if I want to detour, it will still find a way home.

It has taken away any worries about being stuck in the middle of nowhere.... the button for "Where am I" is nice because it will locate a fuel stop and you can detour immediately to that too.

I love my GPS!

It looks great Tony. I didn't realize how much "flatter" your GenII inserts were compared to mine. You probably could have used the plate that was provided in the kit? It looks really good. Dont forget to bring a quality ZipLock bag with you for the GPS just in case.;)

No, there was no need for that plate at all. Without the plate it looks better anyway. Yes, I'll bring the ziplock bag just in case, but if it's raining chances are I wont be riding. Plus I could always take it off and throw in my tank bag. That has a waterproof cover as well.

Looks great Tony. If I ever get around to adding it perhaps you could supervise me. I was just thinking this morning as I was lost somewhere north of Bound Brook that I could sure use a GPS. I was out for about 3 hours and decided I had enough of the heat and came home.

Steve a GPS will be a great addition to the bike. If you don't own one already then I would suggest that you get one that's motorcycle specific since they are weatherproof. Otherwise Ram has plenty of mounts that you can choose from or keep it simple like I did. Just let me know in advance and I can lend you a hand with the install. Shouldn't take more than an hour to do.

No, there was no need for that plate at all. Without the plate it looks better anyway. Yes, I'll bring the ziplock bag just in case, but if it's raining chances are I wont be riding.

What does that mean? If it rains you'll be taking the car?, cause Wednesday looks like it's in the crapper so far according to the W-Man. Then again, what the hell do they know!;)

What does that mean? If it rains you'll be taking the car?, cause Wednesday looks like it's in the crapper so far according to the W-Man. Then again, what the hell do they know!;)

You got it. If it's raining Wednesday I will wait until Thursday to head up to Lake George on the bike. There's no point in riding there in the rain to sit in a hotel room...

I gave my bike it's first wash since I bought it. It really needed it, since I live on a gravel road and drove the morning after a rain storm. Took a few pics, including the first ones with my new saddlebags.

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02142EDIT.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

Washed it this afternoon since I decided to take an 18 mile dirt road (Gold Camp Rd, Colorado Springs) back to town the other day. Nothing like dual-sporting an FZ1 to keep you on your toes. Then did the airbox mod and FCE install and nothing blew up, so I guess I'm good.

The little 19 year old polish chick staying with the family that owns the motel we are staying at.

893574402_rpzim-M.jpg

893574446_tcC3v-M.jpg

shouldn't post this after my last post...but what the hell...

Took my wife for her first ride on the Z tonight. Short ride. The only other bike she's ever ridden on was my roadstar so it's a new concept for her. If I can keep her from sliding forward over every bump I'll have it made.

I rode her today... to and from work. Then, met with an FZ6 owner tonight who wanted to know what the FZ1 was like so we swapped rides for a 30 minute outing. Tonight, I realized why I'm STILL not regretting the move from the 6 to the 1. ;)

Back