What did you do to your FZ today?

Definitely interested in how these turn out. I've replaced all the globes in my house with LED globes and have been waiting for the right price and technology to swap out the bike too. Currently running Narva arctic ice globes in the bike with no issues, if they go, I'll try these.
18 months ago I wouldn't have seriously considered this change as the technology wasn't quite up to my liking

At home I replaced all of the halogen down lights with LEDs last year and a couple of months ago I replaced all of the round flouro tubes with LEDs. There are only two lights left at home that aren't LED and that is only because I can't get LEDs for one of them and the other is a low wattage floor lamp that rarely gets used. I doubt I'll ever need to change a light at home ever again. It will take 3 or 4 years to recover the purchase prices from electricity savings but add the reduced maintenance costs and LEDs really do make a lot of sense. While it may not make sense to replace old light with LED just because you can, it makes a lot more sense if you replace blown bulbs with LED.

I've been keeping an eye on LEDs for a while, watching the performance increase as the prices drop, sorta like Moore's Law applied to lighting. I believe the performance is now better than incandescents and at least as good as HID with considerably lower operating costs than either.

At work all of the emergency and exit lighting has been changed to LED and flouro tubes are being replaced with LED equivalents when they fail. In the TV studios at work I am currently pricing up replacements for all of our old incandescent lights. Even in our small studio where we can cut the old 30-odd kW load back to less than 10kw and make an even greater reduction in air-con load the savings are soon amortised. In a grid of maybe 50 tungsten lights the globes or strips, that cost $20 or $30 each, need to be replaced, on average, twice a year. There is the required labour to change them plus the risk to program quality when they do fail. Add all of that up and the conversion to LED starts to make a lot of sense thanks to lower running costs and added reliability.

Due to the title I figured I'd include what I did to my 2013 FZ8 since it is essentially the same as a 2nd gen FZ1 minus 200CC

I installed a 2008 R1 Shock with less than 1000 miles on it via Satan's newest line of adapters.

Riding is so much more stable and comfy.

-B

5703d1433863661-what-did-you-do-your-bike-today-1554423_10153290236977110_5244675970973631739_n-jpg

Wow, that sucks. Glad it wasn't any worse than a broken shoulder. I don't even want to ask how the bike is.

Very little damage.
Slip on is scuffed a bit. Both rear directionals are broken and the frame slider is banged up.
My shoulder got hit by the driver of the moped.
Yup I got hit by a moped sitting at a stop light with no other vehicles on the road.

Very little damage.
Slip on is scuffed a bit. Both rear directionals are broken and the frame slider is banged up.
My shoulder got hit by the driver of the moped.
Yup I got hit by a moped sitting at a stop light with no other vehicles on the road.

:( that's really shitty. Good luck with everything. Hope you recover fast

uploadfromtaptalk1434065985249.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434066073351.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434066117067.jpg

I always have a GPS on the bike but I didn't like where I had it, I used to have it mounted to the bars in between the risers. I wanted to relocate it above the speedometer but finding space up there with a copperdawg screen is a little tough. I welded up an aluminum bracket that attaches to the back of the instrument cluster and I'm pretty happy with the results I think it cleans up the bike more not having it on the bars.

View attachment 22391View attachment 22392View attachment 22393

I always have a GPS on the bike but I didn't like where I had it, I used to have it mounted to the bars in between the risers. I wanted to relocate it above the speedometer but finding space up there with a copperdawg screen is a little tough. I welded up an aluminum bracket that attaches to the back of the instrument cluster and I'm pretty happy with the results I think it cleans up the bike more not having it on the bars.

Wow! Looks great right where it is. Nice work with the bracket. Hey, just noticed that Emmaus is right near Cedar Crest Blvd. That's the exit I get out to ride over to Blavenia's place. You need to meet up with us some time to ride!

Got rear ended sitting at a stop light.
Dislocated and broken shoulder. My season is basically done.

Glad your ok !! Hopefully your season isnt over . I broke my arm/ shoulder (greater tuberousity fracture) in April and i was only down 5 weeks good luck geat well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad your ok !! Hopefully your season isnt over . I broke my arm/ shoulder (greater tuberousity fracture) in April and i was only down 5 weeks good luck geat well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the dislocation heals there is surgery to clean out the bone fragments. May need surgery to repair the dislocation. I will find out more in a few days.
On the bright side the bike took minimal damage. The trex frame sliders took the brunt of the damage. The slip on is very lightly scuffed, and the left rear directional is broken.
I will need a new helmet it looks like my head hit the ground hard enough to chip the paint.better safe than sorry.

Back