What did you do to your FZ today?

installed wheels with new Power Road 4s...

and stripped my oil drain bolt!!!! It seats but not very tight, I teflon taped it to add a bit of bite to it but I'm afraid of the implications. I ran it around the neighborhood and it did not leak, but I;m afraid that riding longer will loosen...

So, should I tap the hole with a larger size, or replace the entire pan?!?!

Yes, as long as that section of the pan is fairly thick, they are made to replace thread`s in heads ,rocker covers, etc, can be used most places where the female thread is damaged. may be best to get it done at a workshop ,if you have no experience in fitting one.

Installed a Motodynamics integrated tail light.

Would have been a quick 30 minute install, if I would have consulted the manual first. Turned into an hour and a half job as I figured out what to take apart.

But that's half the fun of it. :cool:

[video=youtube;d5ht1PcQ0c8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ht1PcQ0c8[/video]

I've been riding every day for over a week since my car got destroyed ($9,500.00 in damage) while parked in my apartment's parking lot. The car will be repaired but not until Nov 26th. Good thing I bought decent winter gloves.

Went for a ride!
yjynyde3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spent close to 4 hours cleaning the bike and getting it back to weekday commuting configuration after 3000km of riding in 6 days.
Cleanup_zpsd8d8c9a3.jpg

All pretty again
Clean1_zps84fe6b6e.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway u can post a pic of what and where the plugs are u hooked the speedo healer upto?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I didnt take any pictures during the process but take a look here
I had to completely remove the tank though as i couldnt reach the sensor's plugs just by lifting it (plus i was a little afraid not to stress the fuel line...).

Out with the old, in with the new.
OldandNew_zps6933b27d.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't mount the reservoir bracket on the rear pillion bracket bolts as the factory intended because of my pannier brackets. For now it is zip-tied to the pillion bracket instead. If I could mill about 2mm of the pillion bracket then I could mount it properly. I suppose I could file or grind it.
BoltedIn_zps3f6e6fe1.jpg

I probably don't need the remote reservoir and could have saved some $$ not getting it but I'm sure it will be better over bumpy, twisty roads than not having it.

Only a short road test after fitting but it quickly became apparent how much better this new shock is at damping. Much less harsh going over the few bumps I encountered and just generally smoother. It also showed up how harsh the front is. Next mod is to re-spring the front.

Back