What did you do to your FZ today?

Yes please post the results as i wont be getting mine to the dyno till the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I rang Neville yesterday, he won't be able to get to it until late January. The headers are out of stock and won't ship for a week anyway, so by the time they arrive here through the Xmas shipping bottle neck it will probably be about then anyway. I'll keep you posted.

Fitted the new Zero Gravity Touring Screen. Photoshop comparison:
ScreenComparo_zps3be47c2e.jpg

file_zps69fea9ac.jpg

Before the wind was hitting me right underneath the helmet and pushing it around a bit. Now it is low-to-mid visor and in testing so far (up to 90km/h) seems to have less buffeting.

Also now with re-added rear and side reflectors which was done on Monday:
file_zps27da2a03.jpg

Nothing at all. It's locked away in the back of the garage on a plug. There's snow, salt and sand out there.... it is currently 17F and 3-6" of snow is coming.

I'm depressed....

FML fellow riders.....

Nothing at all. It's locked away in the back of the garage on a plug. There's snow, salt and sand out there.... it is currently 17F and 3-6" of snow is coming.

I'm depressed....

FML fellow riders.....

That sux Eric, I feel for you mate.
Now hurry up and move down south.
Year long riding is the bomb.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Loving these summer evenings Blanchy. The nights have been very pleasant. I've been finishing work about 11pm and enjoying the 20km commute home.

My freakiest Southern Cross experience was in July 2011; Up near the top of Mauna Kea in Hawaii watching the Southern Cross sink below the horizon. It just felt weird.

Back on topic. Bike passed 1600km/1000miles today so I had a little bit of exploring the upper rev range on the way home from work. All I can say is Faaaaaaaaark!!!!!!

I fitted some eBay front axle sliders and headlight protectors to the bike today. I promptly took the protectors off again as I only want to use them out on the open road but the dual lock patches are now all in place for future use.

Might get around to fitting the front Fender Extender this weekend.

Well a good thing about having such harsh winters up here in Calgary is the opportunity for modding. Today I finished making my home made fender eliminator and installing HEL brake lines. My copperdawg windscreen was just ordered and rhinomoto bar end sliders for CRG mirrors. It was a good day to say the least!!

I took an option with a local bike dealer who cleaned and protected my bike against winter corrosion.
First they cleaned the bike top to toe, and then sprayed the metallic parts with Tectyl, a kinda wax which will protect covered parst against the salt and dirt from coming winter..

Some pics to follow
So let the winter come, I'm ready :sport12:

Not really to my FZ1 specifically, but I got a good deal on a lot of face shields at a local auction. I knew several of the shields would fit my helmet (Shoei Qwest), but much to my surprise there was a brand-new Pinlock visor in the bunch. I broke down and bought an insert over the weekend and installed it this morning. To test it, I left it sitting outside (30F) for a few minutes, then put the helmet on and spent some time thinking about the new S1000R. After a few minutes of heavy breathing, the inside of the shield only fogged in the uncovered areas. I can't wait until the weather clears up enough to road-test it!

The lot of shields included several that I can't use - several CX-1 and HJ-09 among them. PM me if you have a need for a visor.

Installed my Plasti-Dipped Windscreen from my old bike:
IMG_20131226_134949_zps6xzgrfa5.jpg

And then I tested out the Time Lapse mode on my GoPro today:
IMG_20131226_135330_zpsqu2zxp3l.jpg

Yes, It is in the mid 70's here in San Diego today.

Enjoy your snow. :)

Back