What did you do to your FZ today?

Bike Pooled to work with the wife!

We have two new cars and two old ones, but she said, "Its still not raining in Sacramento. You want to ride the Yamaha to work tomorrow?"

H*ll YEA!

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

Well, not today, but last weekend I put her away for the winter.
…………

When I took her out to top the fuel tank, I was reminded about how much damn fun these things are to ride. Very entertaining. It's going to be a long winter...

That was also my plan last weekend. I even told the wife I'd be right back.

Surprisingly 40F is not as cold as I thought it would be.

2-1/2 hours later I had topped it off twice :D

Jon…

refitted the oe tailtidy /rear fender , fed up with all the road muck flicking up my back and helmet ,, ugly maybe but yamaha put it there for a reason :surrender:

Since I kind of half did the fuzzy mirror mod, the mirrors needed tightening. I've never really liked how cheap the mirrors looked anyway so....

CAM00087.jpg

I ordered some Venom Mirrors from the KiWAV Store on eBay. The stem is about as long as OEM but the mirror body is a little smaller. It is CNC aluminum with aluminum connection joint for the ABS mirror housing. The glass is smaller and just as clear if not clearer than the stock mirrors.

CAM00089.jpg

I like the mirrors where they are so the ones I got were for a sportbike and came with fairing mounts. There are two different sized bolts that come with it, the short ones are barely too short so I had to use the longer ones.

CAM00093.jpg

I had to shave mount holes a bit to fit the narrower width between them on the FZ1. I guessed this when I placed the order due to the detailed measurements on the page so :noworries: They can be adjusted forward, back, up, and down. I think they still need some minor adjustments but looked okay from the riding position.

GEDC0071.JPG

The mirrors are almost, but not quite, as wide as the gen2 bars with throttlemiesters. My only complaint so far is the three (yes, 3) different sized allen wrenches needed for the three different bolts on the mirror stem. You'd have to have two with you to make any major adjustments. On a longer ride, I didn't notice any vibrations but did miss the extra length of the OEM as I have to lift my arm to see directly behind me now. That wasn't unexpected with a smaller mirror plus I love the look, so I'll just keep lifting my arms. Also no more buffeting.

GEDC0065.JPG

I had the phone camera zoomed in some of the pics and didn't realize it until I uploaded the pics.:shaking head:

Last edited:
Installed some Vortex rearsets Only rode it for 60 miles but so far I like them. the shifting feels way better also.

I have the same ones and I love them! I have them set all the way up and back. They also improve handling due to the more forward oriented weight distribution. They're so high up that the kickstand will actually scrape first.

Last edited:
I saw the pics of your when I was installing mine. I took a short ride and like them so far!! I have to get used to the different leg position then hit some major twisties!!

Finally got around to adjusting the stock suspension for a 245 lb rider (in full gear).

I'm looking into the future...it's cloudy...but clearing...I see...I see....suspension upgrades.

I saw the pics of your when I was installing mine. I took a short ride and like them so far!! I have to get used to the different leg position then hit some major twisties!!

Nice!

Now you need to ditch that stock shock and get a Penske. Then she'll really shine in the twisties!

The FZ8 forum guys will pay you top dollar for your old one.

Installed danmoto adjustable rearsets on my gen1. Working when slow but not tested at high speed yet. Still usable at low speed comfortably.

Painted side panels engine black while i had them off.

Took off the sidestand as it clashed with my new rearset preferred position.

Next project: R6 forks.

WOW outa that freeze'n shit, hit 52* so I had to pull out the Fast one. Burned a half tank, got close to a 100 in 3rd but I backed off. Man what a rush after it seems like Months not on it. Get out and Ride People..

Nice!

Now you need to ditch that stock shock and get a Penske. Then she'll really shine in the twisties!

The FZ8 forum guys will pay you top dollar for your old one.
Ditched the stock shock months ago..lol thats a 07 R1 shock in the pic. And it works well my ridding buddies noticed right away..lol

Back