What did you do to your FZ today?

Hooked up a graves full system!! Put on a bikemaster air filter , did the Lars airbox mod, and installed a juicebox. The exhaust is not as load as the two Bros CF slipon but i will no longer melt my boot on the mid pipe and there is more grunt in the lower rpms.What a beautiful pipe.
vy7e4eze.jpg
a7e5upev.jpg
zy8ahy8y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hooked up a graves full system!! Put on a bikemaster air filter , did the Lars airbox mod, and installed a juicebox. The exhaust is not as load as the two Bros CF slipon but i will no longer melt my boot on the mid pipe and there is more grunt in the lower rpms.What a beautiful pipe.
vy7e4eze.jpg
a7e5upev.jpg
zy8ahy8y.jpg

Visiting Australia?!

I look at doing an exhaust mod on m bike being a fifth of the value so I just can't... It would be different if it was an R6 or CBR and a track bike and used for just hobby. Unfortunately expense modifications like that do not pay for themselves in resell...

Now adding luggage, GPS, fuse box for wiring accessories is totally worth it because you can take the accessories with you and use them in the future with other rides. Typically wiring a 12v outlet or a plug for a GPS mount is only a couple of bucks when it is said and done.

If you happen to take your head apart for whatever reason and replace your cams for a good deal I can see that, but obviously exhaust and ECU should probably fall before that.

You can always sell the stock parts or sell the bike stock and sell after market parts on ebay I suppose.

I like the cheaper DIY mods that tend to make me happy for a long time - especially when they cost <$10 :p

If I did not have other financial obligations though, I would probably have a ton of unnecessary things on my bike I suppose.

To each his own ^.^

I look at doing an exhaust mod on m bike being a fifth of the value so I just can't... It would be different if it was an R6 or CBR and a track bike and used for just hobby. Unfortunately expense modifications like that do not pay for themselves in resell...

Now adding luggage, GPS, fuse box for wiring accessories is totally worth it because you can take the accessories with you and use them in the future with other rides. Typically wiring a 12v outlet or a plug for a GPS mount is only a couple of bucks when it is said and done.

If you happen to take your head apart for whatever reason and replace your cams for a good deal I can see that, but obviously exhaust and ECU should probably fall before that.

You can always sell the stock parts or sell the bike stock and sell after market parts on ebay I suppose.

I like the cheaper DIY mods that tend to make me happy for a long time - especially when they cost <$10 :p

If I did not have other financial obligations though, I would probably have a ton of unnecessary things on my bike I suppose.

To each his own ^.^

If you looking at you bike as an investment and get a ROI....you are SOL. I think the majority know this going in.

Holly CRAP,

I have NOT started the Fz in over 2 months. I know, well today I plugged in the Charger and the Green light came on in 10 seconds. So, tomorrow if dry I will unplug and ride that Beast. Wish me luck. What happened to the faces on the side bar ?

Holly CRAP,

I have NOT started the Fz in over 2 months. I know, well today I plugged in the Charger and the Green light came on in 10 seconds. So, tomorrow if dry I will unplug and ride that Beast. Wish me luck. What happened to the faces on the side bar ?

Let's see about getting a dry ride in this month at some point

Changed my oil got rid of the Rottella and put in the Amsoil.Ive had good luck with the Rottella in my FZ but when i put it in my honda it didnt work out good clutch was slipping and did not wanna go into gear smoothly. So i figured id try the Amsoil in the FZ and she shifts a little smoother and goes from neutral into first a little smoother and ran a little cooler.I will be running the Amsoil from now on no more being cheap on the oil.

Well tonight and this weekend I'll be doing the following:

-AIS Removal and add Graves AIS plates
-LARS Airbox Mod
-PCV Mod
-Graves Velocity Stacks
-K&N Filter
-Goodridge & Russell SS Brake Lines

Then I have an extra set of wheels I need to prep and start painting (Gold) with Plasti-dip. These will be my track wheels.

Dustin, I'm glad I didn't sell you my Gen II. Short ride around hills but was good enough for me, kinda rusty at it not riding in a while.

GameCock, whey you get them ( Goodridge & Russell SS Brake Lines ) I'll really like some pictures. I want to add one on the back of my Fz.

Lonney, I have that Rottela In the Fz and it made a change for the good. But next I will go with Mobile 1. I put it in my 85 700s as well and made a big happy difference in that one.

Any who it was NICE TO RIDE again. Big shit weather coming in tonight, winter is coming :D

Gamecock you get a flash yet?? you wont regret it at all..your almost there anyhow..lol

I will in the Spring most likely. With the weather getting cooler I'll just wait. With the holidays coming up I need to hold on for now. Really all I have left that I WANT to do is an Arrow header and the reflash. I need to sit and figure out what map I should now run. I have Whittlebeast's Stage 1 right now, but with everything I did tonight I'm gonna have to load a new one. This is what I have engine wise:

MIVV Suono CF Slip on, Power Commander 5, LARS Airbox Mod, AIS Removal (Graves Kit), K&N, Graves Velocity Stacks, PCV Mod,

other mods:
Retro Body Kit, Yamaha Lower Cowl, Penske 8975, Traxxion Dynamic Forks, Graves Rearsets, Graves Sliders, Graves Bar Ends, Graves Spools, Graves Tag Eliminator, GYTR 16T Sprocket, Goodridge SS Lines (F & R), Corbin Seat, Proton Flushmounts, Motodynamic Integrated Tail light, Puig Windscreen, Evotech Exhaust Hanger, ASV Clutch & Brake Levers

GameCock, whey you get them ( Goodridge & Russell SS Brake Lines ) I'll really like some pictures. I want to add one on the back of my Fz.

I assume you meant "where did I get them"....I got them through Yamaha. You can see them on the website:
Yamaha FZ1 Accessories, Yamaha FZ1 Handlebars & Controls

I'll get some pictures of the bike this weekend.

Last edited:
vy7e4eze.jpg
a7e5upev.jpg
zy8ahy8y.jpg

Come on dude, you spent a fortune on this exhaust and I have to stand on my head to view your pics.

They look like they are awesome but they are so hard to view, most people won't bother.

You can edit the pics in Paint (click rotate) or any other basic photo editing software and then post them again.

Dustin, I'm glad I didn't sell you my Gen II. Short ride around hills but was good enough for me, kinda rusty at it not riding in a while.

Lonney, I have that Rottela In the Fz and it made a change for the good. But next I will go with Mobile 1. I put it in my 85 700s as well and made a big happy difference in that one.

Any who it was NICE TO RIDE again. Big shit weather coming in tonight, winter is coming :D

Here are some old ones from when I did mine.

Mine look like above, just all black. The only thing that has any color are the copper washers.

A couple pics as she sits this AM. I just loaded a new map (Lars Stage II)

Back