What did you do to your FZ today?

No not at all.
It stifles Ivan's hard work so I've opened it up some more.
It will still reduce the noise level some and it can always be welded back together if required.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Fitted a Nitron shock.
18zlfl.png

Now I have a golden knob :)

I got it through my local dealer. Kenma import them from scorpion and they run 170 rrp, I get a discount through my dealer so paid 159. Just need a sim card and you send it an sms requesting location and it sends an sms back with a web address showing where your bike is. You can also track it live on www.999gps.com. you can also set up an alarm so as soon as it moves you get an sms with its position.

http://www.kenma.com.au/motorcycle_alarm_gps.html

Also took her for a spin today and clocked 10000km.

Last edited:
Installed a gps tracking device in case of theft I can get her back.

Yeah, I'm not sure I want mine back if it gets flogged. I had a bike flogged years ago and eventually recovered. It was never the same after they flogged the motor and blew the back tyre doing burnouts......but as it was "recovered' and "nothing wrong with it" the insurance only paid for a new back tyre! The bike was rooted and I had to go through the drama a selling it at a massive loss.

Yeah, I'm not sure I want mine back if it gets flogged. I had a bike flogged years ago and eventually recovered. It was never the same after they flogged the motor and blew the back tyre doing burnouts......but as it was "recovered' and "nothing wrong with it" the insurance only paid for a new back tyre! The bike was rooted and I had to go through the drama a selling it at a massive loss.

It can go the other way. I had an RZ350 stolen many years ago. Recovered it 2 months later. It took me days to clear the engine as it was loaded up by being ridden way off the power.

took some steel wool to the pipes last night, this was after only 5 minutes on the first pipe
photo_zps6757f301.jpg

ran outta daylight but for only 45 minutes of scrubbing, awesome results
photo1_zps2b9e744d.jpg

i'm gonna pull the whole thing and do it all properly soon

I went for a ride up the Old Rd. It was a little slower than usual as I was scrubbing in new tyres. The modified Arrow db killer was a resounding success.
It reduced the noise level to an acceptable level and also allowed the bike to perform near it's maximum.
Ivan is a genius, my bike is so much fun to ride now, it isn't funny.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Fitted some Graves velocity stacks.

A test ride revealed that noise was increased and it made a hole in the power between 6-7krpm that wasnt there before.

Back to the standard stacks that my ecu was mapped for, the bike ripped my arms off from 3krpm to the redline with those ones in.

Fitted some Graves velocity stacks.

A test ride revealed that noise was increased and it made a hole in the power between 6-7krpm that wasnt there before.

Back to the standard stacks that my ecu was mapped for, the bike ripped my arms off from 3krpm to the redline with those ones in.
Not surprising. You can't make an alteration to your intake process without remapping your bike and expect it to work properly. :2cents:

Installed some SW-Motech 1"up/1"back bar risers with decent success.
20131016_172203.jpg

Front Brake line is tight making replacing it a higher priority now. Guess I got my excuse for new braided lines. :D Couldn't use the stock clamp on top because the hole patter was off just enough to make it a major PIA.

Removed my Zero Gravity Touring Screen after I found that the top corners were rubbing on the fairing. You can see that it caused a little damage to the fairing. After screwing around with it I found that 3 nylon washes on the inside of the two top bolts gave me plenty of clearance.

20131016_183242.jpg

Shoulda did something about that GD buzz from the vent but I was using my buddy's driveway since I don't have a place to work on my bike and ran out of light. The wind screen was squeaking so much that the buzz wasn't bothering me but now that I have grip puppies and don't "feel" the buzzing hearing it is unacceptable!

FYI... don't push the grommets for the wind screen through into the fairing.... If the bolts aren't line up DON'T PUSH! +1 hour if you do!! :D

Doing a solo run from LA to the Grand Canyon next week.... I think I'm ready? :wazzup:

Put on some Oxford Hot Grips. Not sure about the placement of the controller, but it was the only place where the provided bracket would fit. Had to grind it down a bit to clear the engine kill switch.

Just waiting for a relay now - it's hooked up directly to the battery at the moment which is kinda scary...

Took advantage of my down time between jobs and went on a 250+ km ride before lunch. Been busy with job hunting and house renos after being made redundant. I start my new job in a couple of weeks.

Back