What did you do to your FZ today?

Dusted it off and rode 120 miles. Took the brakes apart and cleaned them up while I was at it I cleaned the chain and pulled the wheel bearings and regressed them rolls much better now. Pulled the carbs again for the 1000th time and tinkerd with them trying to get the fueling perfect.

Went riding in NH yesterday, saw another Gen II FZ1 in Portsmouth (blue, looked like a Top Sellerie seat, black aftermarket exhaust with a red sticker on the black windscreen) trying to figure out who's bike it was.

Finally added OEM Sub cowl. Cheapest for me to bring up from Yamaha Sports Plaza. Even after shipping, duties & currency exchange…$160 less than Yamaha Canada.

DSC01799_zpsd8a8be69.jpg

That looks very, very good!

You're not too far from the border, you should consider shipping things to a border town and picking them up. The amount of money you save vs. having them shipped up is huge. Something like a rear tire might be $300 locally (because we get ripped off), having one shipped across the border might be $250 but you could pick it up yourself in the US for $180

Last edited:
Changed the oil in the forks today. 10wt in the Rebound and 5wt in the Comp leg. Unfortunately I dont think it made a huge difference in the sponginess of the forks. New springs in my future.

Also cleaned the chain.

Matt

Tried to figure out how to mount a Firstgear Mini Laguna GPS tank bag. It has both magnets and straps. The mags are light so I added some strong mags I had laying around. But I really couldn't figure out the straps. There are two straps with a male conn at each end and four female cons on the bag.

I guess you use one strap in front of the tank around the steering head tube and the other goes under the seat. Which defeats the purpose of a mag mount when you have the straps dangling. Duh!!!:surrender:

Anyone have any ideas?:dontknow:

Back