What did you do to your FZ today?

Just received my bar extenders and custom made bar ends back from my machinist mate. Widens the bars from the puny 670mm, to a more respectable 760mm.

ehyqyhem.jpg

Handling is miles better, steering is more precise, and changing line mid bend is a doddle now. Well pleased!

Just waiting for my led indicators and smaller plate to arrive, then I can get on with my home made tail tidy. :cool:
a9e8azum.jpg

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

I put 300 kms on my fz1 today and completed the break in process as soon as i came home i did an oil and filter change dam that oil filter is hard to get at, now its time to see what she can do.

I took off my Lightech rearsets :cry:
I never found a proper riding position with it. (too damn long legs)

I then put on the original sets together with some adjustable foot pegs from Gilles, I think this will work out good :stunta]:

DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

Adjustable in 24 different positions
The Adaptor plate only moves the peg 20 mm, but it makes a big difference in a tight riding position.

For comparson the original peg, (ok I guess you know how that looks like :))

DSC_0208.JPG

Adjusted my chain... Just hit the 500 mile mark on the new one and it needed its first adjustment. Hoping to get more than 16K out of this one vs the EK MVXZ I used before.

Tires are coming very soon.

I work 7pm to 7am. I was able to commute to work last night for just the second time this year, or maybe 3rd. :woot: I intend to ride again tonight. :noworries:

After I got home this morning, I had to stay up a bit and go pay the bogus ticket I got earlier this month (on my wife's Ninja 250r... : oops:). I know I've deserved others, so I'll take it in stride. I rode over to the next town where the county courthouse resides. I walked in taking my helmet off. I have a mirrored shield, and the cop running the metal detector semi-jokingly gave me a hard time about maybe I should take that off before I walk in or I might have guns pointed at me... :bs: Blah, blah, blah (this is a very small community and everyone knows each other). Anyway, I go pay my ticket and get on court supervision for 90 days (You mean I have to be good all summer? :bs:)

Anyway, my main point for posting is to share my kindness to a HD rider on the way between towns. I saw the motorcycle headlight a ways back and knew someone was trying to prove something. I correctly assumed it was a cruiser, rider sans helmet (but he had the required HD vest.) I was going around 60-65 in a 55 (I know, and on my way to pay a ticket... :innocent:) He was coming up rather quickly so I kicked it up to 75 for a short time. I came to my kids school and slowed to the posted 50. He was now on my tail. I kicked it back to 75 and held steady. I could hear the V-Twin try to wind up as he started to go around. I decided I could either be a jerk, or just let him go. I slowed to 70 as he went around. I'm sure he broke 90-100 on his way around. I was happy it held together. Just about 3/4 of a mile later we came into town and he was behind a big truck. I think he felt good. I chuckled as he turned down a side street and went on to wear my helmet almost into the courthouse. HEHEHE, what a morning. Time for bed. :noworries:

What makes me want to deny the HD passage? Why am I that way? I should be mature enough to just enjoy my ride (which is the action I took, just not the feeling I had). Oh, well. I got to ride in beautiful weather. :cloud9: That's what matters.

Two New Conti Motions last day of April Dealer Sale

$231.65 OTD installed on bike. Just put her away...off to work.

:wow:

My original Dunlops had 7450 on them(front was shot).

Yes.

Where did you get them done in Sac?

I was ready to figure out how to remove them and get Pirelli Angels at CG for $389.

I am a VERY conservative rider and saw this April Ad on PCP Motorsport Web site.

Read reviews from all over the Web. They put them on this morning, while I waited there and gabbed bikes with the sales staff.

perfect day here in columbus ohio so after an appointment this morning i went on a 200 mile journey thru my favorite (and some of the only) twisties and back. then i fabricated and installed my home made radiator guard. i couldnt bring my self to buy one online for 70 dollars when i could make it for 15... took a lot of adjusting but i finally got it on and i think it looks awesome!!

kinda finished my n conversion - check engine light was on when i started it, i think i just forgot to plug in that sensor on top of the airbox, so ill prop the tank and do that tomorrow...

need to do some plastidipping of parts like headlight, and fix my high/lo beam switch coz its not sitting properly since i reinstalled it but all in all the bike is coming along nicely

brought the bike into my dealer's workshop to have a new chain and sprockets installed with a 16t at front. Also a speedohealer (Healtech) will be installed and brake pads will be replaced, getting the bike in tiptop shape for the Romanian roads...

Back