What did you do to your FZ today?

was thinking of jacking the tank up and pulling air box for room.

You are not going to get anymore room with the tank and air box off. The plugs and AIS are under the ecu and rubber flap thing, the frame also gets in the way. You will see what I mean when you get in there. But definitely spend the 10 bucks to get the right tool unless you have allllll day.

I looked at it, then I pulled it out to run for 5 min... then put it away depressed that I can't ride it yet.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Painted, baked, and fitted my homemade exhaust tonight. Just cleaning up as I type. Hopefully I can get a few pictures before work begins.

New 190/55 PR2 and closeout Scorpion EXO-700 should be in tomorrow.

Planning a trip to Savannah to see my Dad and Grandma this weekend (assuming the weather plays out). Should be about 600 miles round trip.

Thanks

Matt

Mounted up new hi can to guesstimate the chopped length.

yhydegev.jpg

I bought and installed the stock screws for the throttle. Last year I switched out the PO aftermarket bars with the stock handlebars. I didn't get the throttle screws tightened enough and ended up loosing a stock screw. I thought I was smart and went to a hardware store and found the right screws and replaced them.

View attachment 14240
View attachment 14241

They didn't hold up well. I ordered the stock screws for $1 each and wont get the rust now.

View attachment 14242
View attachment 14243

I still need to clean up around the screws, but I was anxious to get those trashy, rusty POS out of there. Don't get hardware store screws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back