What did you do to your FZ today?

trenditaly bellypan

I know its a bad phone pic cramed in my garage but im excited about it carbon fiber belly pan
1361124875_zps16d54b33.jpg

Took The Beast for a ride with a motorcycle meetup group. Had a blast, met some new cool guys. They all have KLR650s and it kind of makes me want one so I can follow them off in the dirt.

I hit the top speed in the group (it may or may not have been triple the posted speed limit for the area on about a mile stretch of straight). They all were impressed with the Fz1 and I dunno if it's just me, but I think there are people out there who are just afraid of a lot of power. These guys are used to their KLR's or one guy had a Ninja 650r (he was a really good rider, I couldn't keep up with him). But the 2 guys with the enduro/adventure bikes, just had the automatic response of "I can't ride a bike like that." or I'll start out on a Ninja 300. I just don't get it. It's all about skills, learning, pushing yourself, skills, learning, pushing yourself, repeat ad nauseum.

Good day, good times, looking forward to more

Went for a ride yesterday with two buddies, they were on their harleys. Only my second pleasure ride on the bike in the year and a half I have owned it. Glad I got to get out on a nice day since it is going to rain for a few days.

Here are the bikes on a coffee break in Encinitas:
IMG_20130218_171655_zpsb8770360.jpg

Not today but Sunday (took a bit for me to upload the pics) rode almost 400 miles in temps that never got over 40*. Heated gear or not I think I just warmed up today. Check here for the Ride report.

Track.png

GEDC0038.JPG

Had to put my Frogg Toggs on to keep the cold air outta my jacket. The replacement Firstgear Monarch jacket is not nearly as good as my old yellow one.
GEDC0051.JPG

My first pano shot with my GE X500 camera
GEDC0053.JPG

My new 5" GPS arrived on Saturday afternoon so I didn't have a chance to use it before we rode. I put it in the waterproof case I had but didn't have access to the touch screen. The "splint" that came with it didn't fit on my mount until today when I hacked my old holder so that it would.

GEDC0059.JPG
GEDC0064.JPG

It ain't pretty but it works. Just need to put it on the bike now.

Last edited:
Took old Battery in to have checked, under load was less than 12V :wow:
that can't be good. Was going to get a new one but figured I'd see if my 1 year wanenty would cover, what do ya think ? Had it 10 months ?

Well I got the run around today from the place I bought the bike some 6 hrs East. Told me to call the closest Dealer. After being told no replacement as it was an 09, not sure about the bike I called the place I got it at. They said ya, no replacement coverage. I asked if I had bought an 2012 would they have replaced it, him and haw'd then said no.

Kinda pisses me off :cuss: Guess I'll have to spend my Cash now.

pulled apart/cleaned front brakes, damn sumitomo shit squeaks a ton and builds up a fuckton of brakedust. within the last week, bought black r1 wheels, bought r1 rear shock, waiting on a guy for r1 6 pot calipers and another guy for black r1 forks. looking for a smoked integrated rear tail light. also purchasing pc3 for it shortly.

i said no long for enough, time to spoil my baby a little bit

tapped the handlebars and made some inserts (16mm to 6mm) to screw the Rizoma bar ends into instead of the crappy rubber compression system they come with. Bar ends are now securely on and looking awesome next to the Rizoma Lux grips.

tapped the handlebars and made some inserts (16mm to 6mm) to screw the Rizoma bar ends into instead of the crappy rubber compression system they come with. Bar ends are now securely on and looking awesome next to the Rizoma Lux grips.

Love the levers! I definitely have to get me a set once Uncle Sam sends me some dough!

I have an ASV shorty brake lever for the FZ1 up in the for sale section, mint condition, aussie $70 plus shipping. I have the R1 version on there now.

Re-routed front brake lines, bled front and rear with harbor freight brake bleeder, "trimmed" cleaned and drilled some holes in chain guard, ordered new rear tire.

Back