What did you do to your FZ today?

To me that battery wasn't 100% when I got it ? And no I don't, my 700s isn't on one but has a pacific battery in her and no problem. Infact I've had them in a few ATV's and othere bikes with no issue. I crank em up about every month, Just to do it. I'll put one on this now :sport12:

It's definitely worth the ~$40 investment for one. Cranking the bike up and letting it idle once a month is supposedly not good for the motor or the battery.

Have a couple of classic bikes,I always start them at least once a month prefer to take them for a 30klm ride if possible,but if not will at least start them and let them warm up.This keeps oil up around the motor parts and puts fresh fuel in the carbs,keeps points clean etc,I never have a problem but know from experience if not started for a couple of months they can be a bugger to start,may need to clean points, carbs etc.I have a tender I use to top up batteries, if can`t take them for at least a 30klm ride
:noworries:

If you blip em good and get em hot it's OK but I ride em. Short rides are better than no rides.

Today... some free time!

I had a day to work on many things including the bikes... Checked out a lot... ran both the FZ1's today for about 10 minutes... no issues. The chain and sprockets are all fine. They were nailed with WD-40 before the winter bedding. I'm ready to check tire pressures and drive away once weather permits!

Mine today was the Graves Velocity stacks and the new brake pads.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

What do the stacks do ?

I rolled it out for tire brake in, Warming up I geared up. Bike didn't seem right ? 162* I blip twice then it dies. OH GOD now what ? Didn't want to start with out twist ?? Fired up, I ran at higher RPM then shut off. Grabbed some Sea Foam and dumped it in. Off the G-Station I go.

Headed North about 10 miles, ugly sky, hit rain. Banked off Interstate and headed East, was OK. Hit a fun road and headed back norht, cold cold wind now and BAM rain.

U-turn and headed home, about 5 miles short of home base I hit a mother of a squal. Gear test, here comes a load of Harleys and all gave me the Sign so I signed em back and felt good.

Rolled in the drive, wife shaking her head. Man, that bike is a mess now. But runs like it should, 3rd gear in dry I rolled it on hit 95 in a blink. HOLLY smokes what fun. So some miles on the new tires. :sport12:

You folks that mod these Monsters, it must be insane. So what is the Stack change for ? I was thinking of new plugs and air filter next.

Last edited:
The stacks as quoted by Graves Motorsports:

The kit of 4 injection molded plastic intake stacks mount directly into the stock airbox without modification and is designed to smooth out the power curve, increase horsepower throughout and improve fuel efficiency. Power gains of 4 HP in the mid range and 2 HP at the top end are to be expected.

I think this is the cheapest HP increase I've found. ;) The mid-range is supposed to "wake up" but I cannot tell you until Spring comes! :(

I had a day to work on many things including the bikes... Checked out a lot... ran both the FZ1's today for about 10 minutes... no issues. The chain and sprockets are all fine. They were nailed with WD-40 before the winter bedding. I'm ready to check tire pressures and drive away once weather permits!

Mine today was the Graves Velocity stacks and the new brake pads.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm running the Graves stacks on my FZ1. Seem to improve mid range. They are super loud at 4000 - 42000 rpms. Enjoy!

I've considered stacks and a high flow air filter, but I didn't know if they would have much effect with stock airbox and stock exhaust. I guess they can't hurt. They both seem like cheap and easy mods that even I could do.

ss brake lines

i put hel brake lines on everything was going good until i dropped a bolt and it fell on top of motor i had to take airbox off to get to it.everything is back together i cant say that i notice any difference.i also painted my windshield black which looks good

i dropped handlbar bolt and it landed on top of motor so i had to remove airbox but i got it! i got acorns out from between header and cleaned everything up I only have a couple extra scratches but i did it myself and its a good feeling

Friend dropped my bike not too long ago, so I'm in the repair and replace process.
Ordered a replacement tank (as mine was already quite dented) and plasti dipped it along with the scratched cowl. Coming along nicely I think.

Have some danmoto rearsets coming in, and I see that the footpegs won't fold when it's dropped. Is there any kind of slider I can get that will protect them?

i dropped handlbar bolt and it landed on top of motor so i had to remove airbox but i got it! i got acorns out from between header and cleaned everything up I only have a couple extra scratches but i did it myself and its a good feeling

The black windshield looks awesome, did you just paint the backside so it is shiny on the front side? Good job on everything else too, looks great

Back