What did you do to your FZ today?

Redlined my stock FZ1N against a modded FZ1N redlining in first and second off the traffic lights (yesss!) and blew him away twice!! A rare thing for me to be at the lights with another N so we both could not resist going for it. Do not despair modder's, I only weigh 64kg!! Still, I was surprised...............:sinister: Cheers.

Wet with light dish soap water, then let it dry a few hours. Changed mine last night!

I've heard that can backfire the first time you ride the bike in the rain. No personal experience, but have just heard more than one person make the point that if the grips get wet then the soap will get slippery again, etc.

I've heard that can backfire the first time you ride the bike in the rain. No personal experience, but have just heard more than one person make the point that if the grips get wet then the soap will get slippery again, etc.

That makes sense, but I have had good luck with it so far. My bike sat in full sun all day, grips are seriously cooked on there now.

I can confirm this to be incorrect as I have put grips on using this method in the past with no issues. It rains most of the year here and I've never had a problem.

I now use Red Bull to put on grips as it's quite slippery and dries sticky. It's even easier than soapy water

Got to go for a nice ride and enjoy using my last two mods - helmet lock and a nice rear bag that mounts to the pillion and makes it looks like its mounted to the bike -

FZ1_Helmet_LockMedium.jpg

FZ1_rear_Bag2Medium.jpg

Had a nice ride today and for once, I didn't have to stuff everything in my pockets or jacket. Can change glasses and leave my gloves with the bike now. When I stopped for lunch, I went inside without having to tote my helmet and didn't worry about it not being there when I came out. I bought Sargent seats and kept the stock seats - when I don't want the bag, I just change back to the Sargent pillion.

Got to go for a nice ride and enjoy using my last two mods - helmet lock and a nice rear bag that mounts to the pillion and makes it looks like its mounted to the bike -

FZ1_rear_Bag2Medium.jpg

Had a nice ride today and for once, I didn't have to stuff everything in my pockets or jacket. Can change glasses and leave my gloves with the bike now. When I stopped for lunch, I went inside without having to tote my helmet and didn't worry about it not being there when I came out. I bought Sargent seats and kept the stock seats - when I don't want the bag, I just change back to the Sargent pillion.

I want that helmet lock.... linky????

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I put my new grips on this week, Pro Grip 719's. So far I really like them.

I rode to work every day this week also. My truck is very jealous of the FZ.

I drained the coolant, sucked out the resorvoir with my shop vac, and refilled the radiator, very slowly as the manual states. Then filled the resorvoir. Then went for a long ride with my buds.

FZ1_rear_Bag2Medium.jpg

What tail bag is that? I was thinking about getting a top case but this looks way better.

Sexy Octupi, I'm looking for a new tinted screen with a tad more wind block over stock. Have info on that one ? Thanks.

Well to my surprise my Radiator Grill was here when I got home from work. So out to do the install, Dig it...
001-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back