What did you do to your FZ today?

Fantastic !!

I like the look !! I personally prefer the DARK smoke just so I can hide behind the screen from the cops if need be . . . . . heh,hee,hee

But I think you will like the air going OVER you and not blasting you right in the helmet. The stock screen hit me square in the chin and at 75mph and up my vision would be all giggley from the turbulence. I hope you get good result's with your's !! It looks saWeeeeeeeeet !! :+2:

Looks great Troy! It doesn't look too upright at all. Have you ridden with it at all? Also, what happened to your garage door? I hope it wasn't a storm that took it off.

I haven't ridden with it yet. I'm afraid of all that Tony is warning about, but I decided to give it a try. If I don't like it for me, I can make a good deal for someone else to try it out.

As far as the garage door goes, no storm or anything, just a garage that needs torn down. It was built long ago on dirt and the freezing and thawing of the ground over the years has made the garage shift. The tracks have pulled away from each other. There have been many attempts over the years to save it, but it's past saving at this point. The door mostly fell out of the tracks and we just took it out. We hope to tear this one down and build a new 3 car (one bay just for bikes) this summer, but we will see how money and contractor schedules go.

I have the ZG Sport Touring screen coming too. It's also smoke. I'll give my ride report in a few days in the BDazzling mods thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like the look !! I personally prefer the DARK smoke just so I can hide behind the screen from the cops if need be . . . . . heh,hee,hee

But I think you will like the air going OVER you and not blasting you right in the helmet. The stock screen hit me square in the chin and at 75mph and up my vision would be all giggley from the turbulence. I hope you get good result's with your's !! It looks saWeeeeeeeeet !! :+2:

Thanks Gary. I love ZG DB in dark smoke on the black Gen 1. It worked very well and looks great. I'm not sure the Gen 2 will be as good.

I hope that black Gen 1 crashed on the trailer was an old picture (from the Bad Habits thread).

Craaaaash

Thanks Gary. I love ZG DB in dark smoke on the black Gen 1. It worked very well and looks great. I'm not sure the Gen 2 will be as good.

I hope that black Gen 1 crashed on the trailer was an old picture (from the Bad Habits thread).

Yep. From the bad habit's thread, and it was my first FZ1. Road rash, (on me) and 650.00 in parts, and about one month of my time to repair it. :cheers:

replaced my rear brake pads with some brand new Lucas TRW pads. Cleaned the calliper and piston. Did notice though the pad on the left (closest to the wheel) was not as much worn as the left brake pad. Anyone had noticed this too?

Last edited:
replaced my rear brake pads with some brand new Lucas TRW pads. Cleaned the calliper and piston. Did notice though the pad on the left (closest to the wheel) was not as much worn as the left brake pad. Anyone had noticed this too?
Was it you that had the wet weather chicken strips? Can't see them here!

I was able to take the 'beast' out for a 100-150 mile romp today. The ZG DB for the Gen2 is far from perfect, but a small improvement over stock. I loved the DB on Gary's Gen1. I'm now waiting to get my stock handle bars on to see if the riding position will change anything.

On the Interstate at 80-90 mph with many semi trucks and a decent crosswind, it really sucked. My head was getting thrown all over the place. Later in the day below 80mph and no crazy winds coming off the back of trailers, it was much better. I did get a little lift on my helmet one time, but it wasn't as strong as with the stock shield. More to come.

I was hoping to get my ZG sport touring screen and the DB for the little Ninja and my bar ends today, but a big fat no on all of those :mad: I guess it's time to look up the order number and see where the shipment is. :rant:

every set of pads I've ever replaced (on any vehicle) have always had one side wear a little quicker than the other. I've tried rotating pads to obtain a more even wear and presumably longer life but it seems to have a negative effect on grip. Not sure why. any increase in pad life was negligible

I replaced my stock fuel line with some fuel injector hose.
It was a bit of a waste of time as once I cut the sheath off the stock one, I found a pristine, un-kinked fuel line underneath.
D'Oh!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I replaced my stock fuel line with some fuel injector hose.
It was a bit of a waste of time as once I cut the sheath off the stock one, I found a pristine, un-kinked fuel line underneath.
D'Oh!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Very lucky then! and you and who ever services your bike takes care of it, not like the ............ that serviced my bike!

Back