What did you do to your FZ today?

Jeez, get a sander that you can connect your shop vac to. It will make life easy.

The shop vac is useless as a solution for drywall sanding. It clogs the filter immediately and you burn out the motor. ;) But there is a cheap solution... it is an intermediary between the sander and the vac that is a 5 gallon pail half full of water. The sanding side hose goes into the water and the vac side is at the lid level. All the dust is hauled into the water. I have one of these:

41PAG4DC4CL.jpg

Bad Experience

Thanks Tony. If they were close as in Calgary, maybe. I already had one expensive lesson buying "rebuilt" from what seemed to be a reputable place in England. I sent them my core (rotor)and they sent me a rebuilt one. It looked great(new). I installed it and checked for continuity and it was within spec. The stator showed good to. I even put in new brushes. It was all good, for 130 km then, Fried Rotor (0 continuity). When I contacted them they claimed that the rotor must have contacted the stator and shorted out and that they would not warranty that. They figured this by the fact that the core had scratches on it, which I did trying to get it out without the proper puller. It was so expensive to ship the first time (and pay duty) that I wasn't prepared to send it off, only to have them claim it was my fault, then not even have a core. The funny thing is that the Stator to this day shows continuity (just a little low for it to be 100%). If they had shorted, it should have fried both, not just the rotor. Hopefully my dealer will have one sitting getting dusty in there warehouse MyoldYamaha.com But that is my Winter project, now that my shop is in the condition to be worked in.

Let me make a long story short.....Too late:doh2:

I took the lil' rocket for a ride around town..OMG the airbox mod makes a huge difference. I have a LOT of mods, and they all have been awesome for the bike, just cutting the snorkel off made the sound even more deeper an throatier then before, and my butt dyno sais MORE power! :) the bike is runnin sweeeeet!

I said "HI!" as I wlked by her a couple times. She's not going out today after all the "warming fluids" I have had thus far.... She know's better than to let me climb on after a few drinks! GOOD GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The shop vac is useless as a solution for drywall sanding. It clogs the filter immediately and you burn out the motor. ;) But there is a cheap solution... it is an intermediary between the sander and the vac that is a 5 gallon pail half full of water. The sanding side hose goes into the water and the vac side is at the lid level. All the dust is hauled into the water. I have one of these:

41PAG4DC4CL.jpg

That is cool! I guess when I was doing drywall it was only small patches not a full room. lol

I know what you mean. I just added a full yoshi exhaust and now the bike hits as hard at 5k as the stock bike did at 8k.

I added the two brothers carbon fiber slip on agile ago, and it made the sound MUCH more like a motorcycle and less like a sewing machine. :) I'm very pleased with the sound and power she's at right now, I'm still gonna ask Santa for a PC3 though. :)

I know what you mean. I just added a full yoshi exhaust and now the bike hits as hard at 5k as the stock bike did at 8k.

Yes, those long primary tubes sure do improve the mid-range torque ;) That's what people miss out on when they only do a slip-on because the top end is kind of comparable.

Went 16 tooth today on my 09 and then recalibrated my Speedodrd from 8.3% to 14%. Plus or minus 1 mph now (according to GPS).

Hope to get a good ride tomorrow to really get a feel for the new sprocket.

Cheers,

MrHix

Received and installed my ZG DB short in Dark Smoke...then took a 60 mile ride. Love the air flow from it. I had the ZG ST on before and now the wind hits me at the top of my chest and is super clean. This is the perfect screen for summer IMO.

Commuted with her today and she got to haul home her new part! Outlaw's +4 advanced timing rotor. :D She was really happy about it too. I could tell by the pep in her step.... she's giddy with the thought of this install. That and her new frame sliders to replace the damaged one. ;)

Cleaned and lubed the chain last night. Had a nice quick ride to work but had a monster moth splatter on my face shield. Thank god I was going slow I could not see much even after wipeing it off so just had to open the shield up and hope no others got me LOL.

Installed my FireDragonBros adjustable clutch and brake levers. You can also see the new grips I installed and kinda see the bar ends.

Here is a couple pics of the levers, they do NO justice to them so here is a link of how I heard about them, and for 60 shipped off ebay, you cant go wrong. This is a Gen1 btw.

Adjustable Levers - FZ1OA Message Board

And here are some pics. Also, ones a shot of the new blinker setup im using and in that pic you can see the sliders I installed yesterday. I will be taking some nice pictures of the bike on Thursday but Ill start a new thread for that now that im done upgrading it for a while.

DSCF6494.jpg

DSCF6495.jpg

DSCF6496.jpg

Thanks Papa! Those look great. I have already saved the link for a set of "shorty's". I'll probably wind up ordering them tomorrow. I've always wanted a set but didn't want or see the need to pay an enormous amount of money.

Hey Papa I love my levers. I think all my recent mods have made my Baby the perfect all day tourer for me. I had the same turn signals but went back to stock when some of the LEDs burned out and they got water in them. Keep an eye on them and hang on to your stockers just in case.

On Sunday morning, I crash tested my t-rex sliders when I braked hard to avoid t-boning Cruzman making the wrong right turn in front of me during our Sunday ride. Not much damage done and we still had a good but HOT!!!! day.

I was a little sore yesterday and the event was so minor, I forgot why I would be sore. I remembered late last night and realized it's probably why I cut the ride short with the others rather than sticking with Cruzman and going on to the Little Grand Canyon.

Last edited:
Hey Papa I love my levers. I think all my recent mods have made my Baby the perfect all day tourer for me. I had the same turn signals but went back to stock when some of the LEDs burned out and they got water in them. Keep an eye on them and hang on to your stockers just in case.

On Sunday morning, I crash tested my t-rex sliders when I braked hard to avoid t-boning Cruzman making the wrong right turn in front of me during our Sunday ride. Not much damage done and we still had a good but HOT!!!! day.

I was a little sore yesterday and the event was so minor, I forgot why I would be sore. I remembered late last night and realized it's probably why I cut the ride short with the others rather than sticking with Cruzman and going on to the Little Grand Canyon.

Too bad for the fall, but glad to see that you got right back on and kept going. Happy that your okay. Okay, thats three "get-offs" now. You, Eric, and Arnold. Could we please take a break for a while!:Rockon:

Back