Went out to the track on Sunday

Pretty good day. Lots of sun. Just watching today. I did the slow group ride around the track on my FZ1. It was the CMRA racing weekend (CMRA :: Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association) in College Station TX at the Texas World Speedway.

I friend of mine was racing today, so I rode out 95 miles from Austin to check it out.

I just had my blackberry, so the picture quality is not so great. But, here are a few shots and a couple videos I took.

Here are a few videos (again, from a blackberry---so not the best footage)

Well, they won't upload. 3GPP files ?

Last edited:
Are you going to go back for a full day?

Definitely. But, they won't be back on that track until Nov 10. I'm going to see about that weekend. :) The other racing weekends until then are at some further away spots, for the most part. I'll have to do what is called the "Lone Star Track Days", usually the friday before the races begin, I think. But I like the Texas World Speedway. EDIT: According to an email I just recieved, there is a LSTD on April 7. But, I don't think I'll make that. I am going on a ride on the 13th (Pyro's twisted tour! to Leakey TX)

Of course, in November is the opening of the Circuit of the Americas track in Austin for a F1 race.........and MotoGP next year!!!!!!!! :cheerleader:

Circuit of the Americas

EDIT 2: from my email: "We will be riding the 2.9 mile track at TWS and as always the original track days of Texas is offering our beginner riders school, advanced riders school as well as the CMRA New Riders School and the Shea Fouchek #39 Race School", etc.

Last edited:
Back