Well everything has a season

They make this stuff called heated gear. It works hear in north east:spank2:

Not to mention it comes standard with 3-stage heated grips. I test-rode that bike and fell in love with it. Did not fall in love with the price though, reasonable as it may be.

I had a 2013 on loan for the weekend and put nearly 1000 miles on it, some 2-up with my wife in the N. GA/W. NC mountains. What a great bike!

Does the new one has better lean angle abilities?
Earlier this year my best friend came visiting from Europe and we bought a 2005 FJR for him to do some 3k mile tour together and some other shorter day trips. He liked it very well and it was for sure comfortable. I used it for some daytrips with my wife before we sold it again and I was shocked how few lean angle it allows. I scraped pegs in almost every corner and the centerstand as well. Really did not like that. When I did the 2.5k miles in 2012 two up with my wife on the Fz1 we were sportier in the curves and still almost never scratched a peg.
Well my wife is tall and so we will not do again any long tours on the Fz1 so an FJR would be nice for touring but the 2005 model is not sporty enough but maybe the newer has more lean angle abilities?

the 2005 model is not sporty enough but maybe the newer has more lean angle abilities?

I believe this is the newer one:
13_Pirelli_AngelGT_Review_6.jpg

Yes, but hanging off is really not what I am doing when two up and he is grinding as well. Without hanging off and with touring load it happened very early that's why I was asking about experience with the new one.

Yes, but hanging off is really not what I am doing when two up and he is grinding as well. Without hanging off and with touring load it happened very early that's why I was asking about experience with the new one.

It is possible that suspension was set up too soft?
New for 2014 is the electronic suspension adjustment. One of the settings, is passenger+cargo.. I'm guessing it makes it seriously stiff in that one.

Back