Weirdest encounter

So today I'm riding on 185 in Columbus doing 80 :sport12: in the 55 (i know I know, don't judge:) ) in the fast lane all by myself. Next thing I noticed ahead of me is a car from the center lane, moved to the fast lane then decided to go back to the center lane. After closer observation I realized it's a Marshall YIKES!! so itstead of hitting the brakes in a fear stricken panic, I chose to just roll off the throttle. By this time I'm still doing about 70 and slowly approaching the Marshall.
Next thing I noticed he extends his left arm out the window and calls me by, well I'm no dummy so I acted like I didn't see and keep riding, now I'm about 65, still 10 over the speed limit. To make a long story short he does this 4 times before I point to myself as if asking "You're talking to me"? He does it again, surely I'm thinking he's setting me up so he can get behind me then pull me over, so I said whatever, he already knows i was speeding. I decided to keep my pace passing him at 63 in the 55, I get adjacent to him and look at him, he gives me a thumbs-up and a wave, I acknowledge with a head nod and a wave.

WTF was that all about?
1. Either he likes my bike

2. He's having a good day

3. he's a biker too and said eff it let him speed

4. Or he said let that fool go, he'll probably crash and die, hahahaha.

Either way I was scared as hell, but was left confused and happy in the end. Oh by the way I was in my uniform so I can add #5

5. He likes the Military folks.

I'm going with #5 and you should have power-wheelied next to him while waving with one hand then a thumbsup. Ok... well, skip the wheelie.... :D I need to find more LEOs like that guy!

Doing 80 in a 55 is asking for big fines and big increase in your insurance, but if you like to push the envelope go ahead. Dumb though. :tdown: (Yep, I'm judgin')

Doing 80 in a 55 is asking for big fines and big increase in your insurance, but if you like to push the envelope go ahead. Dumb though. :tdown: (Yep, I'm judgin')

That's ok you're entitled to that. It's an interstate and nobody does the speed limit. It's just that everyone else saw him waaaay before i did. lol. Nothing will change tomorrow, me and everyone else will continue to speed.

Oh please. I ride 121 in Texas home every afternoon, EVERYBODY does 90. If your not doing 80 to 90 your gonna get run over. We are all adults here, we make choices. I'm not gonna judge. You ride your ride and I'll ride mine. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back