Video from my Tail Of The Dragon trip

Shag

First time I've taken the '07 FZ1 up to Tail Of The Dragon. Saw more cops there than I've ever seen before. Here's a kind of shaky video I got with my cell phone on a pass through the Dragon. Not too quick/fast... too much traffic and too many cops to act as stupid as I would have liked to. :evillaugh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTrNMfNepM0]Sept 2012 Deal's Gap - 2007 FZ1 - YouTube[/ame]

nice ride and road. Looks though a bit tricky with the low sun when coming out a shade section or is that just an impression by the phonevid?

The phone exaggerated that effect some. It can be enough of a factor for me to back off a little bit but it wasn't as bad as the phone video made it look. The best part of the trip (as usual) was riding the surrounding roads and seeing old friends and making new friends. Nobody in our group had any accidents and nobody got any tickets (unless you count warning tickets) so it was a really nice trip. :)

I hope to make that trip next year. I also have a blue '07. Looked like a great ride. I know it's a bit childish, but I ALWAYS enjoy passing and seeing HD's passed :) Did the Sheriff have a camp set up?

Thanks for sharing. I have some video from a trip to southern IL, northern KY that I need to edit. It's not very exciting, but I'll try to figure out some editing software and post some video too.

I love riding the Tail of the Dragon, I get there early in the morning (before the tourists and HDs or after 7 PM) I have found those are the best times to get good runs in and the cops haven't set up camp yet.
I love the roads in that area, the list of awesome roads and runs to make there are incredible! I have friends that live up there and they have been harassing me to come visit. I was so spoiled when I was stationed in Atlanta... didn't appreciate it as much as I should have!

Back