UPS Man just came.....

Looky... they're purty ain't they??

They'll be going on tomorrow....

Image-568x758-JPG.jpg

Image-568x758-JPG.jpg

I'll post pictures after the install....

Man! The only thing my UPS man brings is hardware catalogs!! Some guys have all the luck!

They look great Aaron, can't wait to see them mounted. Is it still raining over there, or has it subsided?

:funpost: And yes they look great. Almost a shame to put them on the bike. Would make for an interesting centerpiece on the coffee table...:jk:

:funpost: And yes they look great. Almost a shame to put them on the bike. Would make for an interesting centerpiece on the coffee table...:jk:

Actually... I'm kind of disappointed... while they are very nice... it's the little things that bother me... the area in the heel-plate area that is machined out.... you can still see all of the machining marks... no big deal... they're functional tools... but definitely not a show piece...

WOW!!! Those are totally trick and cool VA! Are they Rizomas?

Is the Kleenex box on the table because you were crying with joy??

These are Gilles... they don't make the Rizoma's for Gen I's anymore...

I waffled a good long while.. and was between the Gilles and Sato's.... what finally won me over was the cost of replacement parts...

Very cool! :tup:

So, can a guy get a kleenex here? I showed the wife... she said \"In your fricken' dreams!\" :cry: ;)

My wife is very supportive of my .... addiction... she knows that if I don't get in my riding time.. I get moody... I have to have an outlet...

And to all... the tissues... well... they're on the counter because we've both been sick here for the past week or so.... I wish I had a better story... but... that's it.

My wife is supportive of my riding too, just not my modding. I still squeak them in though. :D I specify stuff for Xmas, anniversary, birthday and father's day. And of course, a percentage of my bonus and the rest of that typically goes into paying down debt.

As for the rear sets... I'd take functional over looks any day. Like you, my bike is a tool, not a toy. I don't spend a lot of time shining it because I don't even have enough time to ride it! ;)

Can't wait to see them installed and get the ride report!

The adjustability far outweighs the cosmetics....I've got a penske that sits in the box because in the process of redoing the insides of the house with flooring and paint....or have I mentioned that already?

Day 15 with no riding and it has been a cool 65 for afternoon high and forced to listen to the bike run up and down the strip for we are staying in the RV at the inlaws. I'm getting beat anyway I look at it for not being able to ride.....

Last edited:
What I like:

Adjustability is GREAT... my knees finally fit where they should in the tank "pockets"
Build Quality is GREAT... Movements are smooth and precise...

What I don't like:
Had to ditch the center-stand... it hit the shifter on the left side... in ANY position.
Brake side is kinda... odd... the brake is somewhat sticking. there's a little bit of dragging going on ... on release... so the brake light stays on... but, the stock brake light switch can be used.

The sun is starting to come out... I'm gonna go try these puppies out this afternoon...

They look great, now wash that pig!!!

Curious to hear what you think once you get some miles on them. A friend of mine has a set on his FZ6 and really likes them.

What I like:

Adjustability is GREAT... my knees finally fit where they should in the tank \\"pockets\\"
Build Quality is GREAT... Movements are smooth and precise...

What I don't like:
Had to ditch the center-stand... it hit the shifter on the left side... in ANY position.
Brake side is kinda... odd... the brake is somewhat sticking. there's a little bit of dragging going on ... on release... so the brake light stays on... but, the stock brake light switch can be used.

The sun is starting to come out... I'm gonna go try these puppies out this afternoon...

I had to add some washers to the rubber mount to get clearance from the left side -- I'm all the way up and back and if I were to go to your setting, I could gain another 1/4" of clearance or so....I may go back to that setting to play around....

As for the brake switch, I used one of the springs from the old rearsets and hooked in one of the unused holes and then fastened to the back side of the rearset (gilles) to give a bit more tension to have proper operation of the brake switch....I know that you have attention to detail, but those were my solutions to the above problems....

with the brake side all of the way back... I was hitting the pipe... so, I have it all of the way up, but 1 position from the back forward...

But.. then I moved the pipe around... and had plenty of clearance... but.. I like them where they are for my short legs...

Rubber mount? You saying that you spaced the centerstand down in order to keep it? or is something on your rearsets rubber mounted?? nothing on mine is rubber mounted...

As far as the "problem" with the brake... I noticed on the stockers... there is a return spring on the rear brake pedal... on the Gilles... no return spring... I think I might modify that just a bit...

the rubber spacer that acts as the stand off that would rest against the tab on the mid pipe if it were able to go up all the way before making contact with the clutch side as it did for you before you removed the stand... I modified the stop with a longer bolt and some nuts/washers to be tucked up as far as possible but not interfere with operation of the clutch side......

Back