Upgraded Powder Coated Radiator Guard

Just installed this guard on my new FZ1 as the first mod. Really good quality perforated aluminum mesh and nicely powder coated. It fit perfectly on the original plastic guard and the new pre-mounted hex screws lined up perfectly with the radiator holes. Highly recommended mod to protect your radiator. If Yamaha produced this product in this format it would be 2x or 3x the price.

Appreciate the kind words..

I bought the new radiator guard and I have to say that I'm very happy with the product. The price increase does put it in the range of some of the competitors but the deciding factor for me was the customer service. It's top notch.

Gen I/Gen II Differences

I ordered one for my Gen I and it arrived quickly but did not look to be as advertised and no instructions were included. Maker provided only unspecific advice.

All information available, online and elsewhere, and pics are for Gen II and maker does not provide ANY installation info for Gen I.

Thanks to board members on another board, all was done without drama.

Here are the Gen I installation instructions:

1. Remove 2 large Phillips head screws located along bottom edge of stock radiator screen.

2. Lift screen up to unhook from top mounts.

3. Watch for diamond-shape rubber "anti-buzz" button.

4. Attach Rad-Armor with supplied zip ties.

5. Press fit stock "anti-buzz" rubber button into center of stock radiator screen frame, lift into position and hook in place.

6. Reinstall large Phillips head screws.

I suspect a little bit of Loc-Tite Blue wouldn't hurt either.

Hey man I'll take one in black - always love supporting forum members when possible. Especially when it seems you have your fellow riders best interest in mind. Lemme know if I should PM you separately or how to proceed otherwise

Back