Unfriendly Harley Riders

most everyone waves back at me be it a sport bike or cruiser, yes its a 50-1 Harley to Sport up here but only get the look as if im a jerk when i wave at scooters as if im killing mother earth. you know the look

Yeah, Detriot, yipsi, hell, brighton the mid michigan chapter is down near tecumseh. There could be more, I'm not a member so I don't know for sure.

Should have let a quick little drag race settle things.. :sinister:
You might be surprised, a harley with all the basic mods we all have (freed up intake\exhaust and modified fueling) and a rider who isn't afraid to get on it can do real good out of the hole. Big displacement with only two cylinders = torque and that harley wont flip over so he can wrap it and dump the clutch while you're feathering and trying to keep the front down. Don't get me wrong you should catch him with in a 1\4 mile but he might get ya light to light.

Last edited:
I'm just out of Bandera and we're a motorcycle magnet here. The majority of the bikes are Harleys and, in my opinion, the majority don't ride very well unless dragging your boots while approaching and leaving a stop are the norm.

I never try to beat a Harley off the line and I don't have too. Harley riders rolling on large amounts of throttle in town just amuse me with the noise and how fast they go nowhere. I could do the same but it would be on one wheel.

I ride very conservative and very casual but I get stuck behind the Harley riders when we hit the curves and they have to consult on the best way to deal with the curves but I do get left behind when they show me their skills and roar off on the unhindered straightaways.

Making noise and wearing rags around your head aren't likely to impress me.

I'll be seeing you out in the curvies.

You might be surprised, a harley with all the basic mods we all have (freed up intake\exhaust and modified fueling) and a rider who isn't afraid to get on it can do real good out of the hole. Don't get me wrong you should catch him with in a 1\4 mile but he might get ya light to light.

How true......a basic mod as mentioned above harley will give you a hell of a run in the 1/8 mile, then you should own him thereafter.
Look at the size of the rear drive sprocket...anything that big we would use for stunting.

I ride very conservative and very casual but I get stuck behind the Harley riders when we hit the curves and they have to consult on the best way to deal with the curves but I do get left behind when they show me their skills and roar off on the unhindered straightaways.

I'll be seeing you out in the curvies.

Harley riders to be aware of.....(the big cruisers are exempt).....just the vRods and customs:
-If they dress as if they are riding a sportbike, don't mess with them.-
I for one ride my cruiser as hard as my sportbike...and always get double takes when i'm still sniffing their exhaust.

Harley riders to be aware of.....(the big cruisers are exempt).....just the vRods and customs:
-If they dress as if they are riding a sportbike, don't mess with them.-
I for one ride my cruiser as hard as my sportbike...and always get double takes when i'm still sniffing their exhaust.

I'm not a huge HD fan, but even I will admit that the V Rods are mean looking, and the Night Rod is f'ing badass. If they didn't cost as much as a race ready sportbike, I'd say they were a good buy.

They almost don't qualify as harleys in my book.

I agree that the V-Rod is a pretty badass bike, shame the power is nothing special. It's the fastest thing they sell and I had hoped it was some scary beast. Nope!

Unless the original Harley Rider was looking for a race. I hardly doubt he stopped just to let you know your holding him up.

If he were in front of me I would have laid down the challenge with a signature 100ft streek of rubber.
Then hold back to see if I have any takers!

I love a good challenge. And an occasional Harley rider! lol

Last edited:
I believe the V-rod is the only water cooled Harley and was designed in collaboration with Porsche. I've even heard somebody say, "it's not really a Harley". I happened to ride one (2012 Night Rod Special) one day. I had walked over while I was waiting on some vehicle maintenence at the Honda dealership. Just was looking around, and this salesman asks me what I ride, and then offers me to ride it. So, sure why not. I took it to 90 on the interstate. It was ok. Fun enough if I didn't know any better. But I do.

Unless the original Harley Rider was looking for a race. I hardly doubt he stopped just to let you know your holding him up.

If he were in front of me I would have laid down the challenge with a signature 100ft streek of rubber.
Then hold back to see if I have any takers!

I love a good challenge. And an occasional Harley rider! lol

Your such a Hooligan!!! Hahaha!!!

My faith is somewhat restored

Met a group of Harley riders at a gas station in Cedarburg Wisconsin who have restored my faith in Harley riders (somewhat). Great group of riders who were really friendly and sat and talked motorcycles with me for quite a while (was almost late for class) and good places to ride in Wisconsin. I did hear a few shots about my Jap bike (one guy said he was going to put a harley sticker on my bike so the value would go up about 3 grand) but it was all in good fun. I countered with they should probably put some oil dry down where they parked their bikes.

Overall though great group of guys and girls who said they would ride with me anytime, all be it with me at the back of the pack (funny guys). I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable riding season in 2012 and thanks again for letting me vent on my original post:tup:

All the bikers I know are good people. Whether or not they wave doesn't bother me as I often stop waving on the popular roads because it's a continuous wave and I get tired of it. I don't think judging people by whether or not they wave is really a good method.

I've ridden a Harley and some will get a pretty good jump on you if you're not careful (the can be covertly modified too). At least off the line - they lay down some hefty torque.

But the trading jabs thing - I think they are generally a sort with a different kind of social humor and aren't out to really cause problems. If they are, that's just pathetic. But all of them I've met have been just normal people.

There will always be jerks out there, in cars, in the office, whatever, but I don't think that has anything to do with the kind of bike you ride. I plan to have a Harley in the future (gasp!) and hope it doesn't turn me into an ass! LOL

I'll treat you as an equal regardless of what you ride but, if you figure you're somehow above the rest of us folks on Metric Bikes, I can bring you down to earth real quick.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. How do you want it? In front of your friends or in private?

I'll wait until you get yours going. The sound you hear is the shock wave.

Back