TWS 041011 - Locked, Cocked and Ready to Rock!

It's time for battle! This Sunday at Texas World Speedway. Hail and his buddy are going, a friend of mine from the Buell board and two of my friends from the Austin Cycle Gear shop, should be fun!

Here's a few recent photos of the R6. I had to buy a new/used gas tank as the original began leaking!

Returning from the shop.

View attachment 5792

Freshly cleaned Regina chain and sprocket

View attachment 5793

Cleaned mid-section

View attachment 5794

Polished out Hindle

View attachment 5795

All in one piece with big brother

View attachment 5796

Show me your war face!!!

View attachment 5797

Last edited:
Thanks Billy - The tires have about 200 miles on them, one track day and squiding around the neighborhood. The trailer is great! I use that thing so much; either hauling the bike, material from Lowes, etc. It has really held up well. This summer I'll repack the wheel bearings.

Hail - I'm riding level 2. I'm staying at the La Quinta at College Station on Saturday night. I may drop my trailer/bike at the track Saturday evening. My friends from Cycle Gear are camping out there; young and dumb... Are you driving in that morning?

I had a trackday set up for March 30th but it got cancelled. My new date is this Sunday as well at New Jersey Motorsport Park On Thunderbolt (ama track). This will be my first Tday since completing Levels 1 & 2 California Superbike School. I'am very excited. I will have a front and rear GoPro going hope to shoot some good stuff. Have fun fella's.

Pete,

Educate me on why the wrist band on the resevoir??

Make Yamaha proud :shine: and have fun this weekend.

Adam

Well all of the pros have one so I needed one too, of course!!! :yes:

It is supposed to help protect the brake fluid from UV rays, but the tube to the MC is clear too so I don't think it really matters. It also covers up the duct tape that is over the MC res.

The wrist band is for Bacardi Wild Cherry and have a "bad ass" looking demon. So I put it on. A friend of mine's brother owns several clubs/bars in town and gets tons of liquior promotional stuff. He brought in tee shirts and wrist bands one day so it had to go in the bike.

P.S. Who all want to grab some dinner afterwards? There is a popular Mexican restaurant just a little ways south on 6 on the right hand side.

Sounds like a great idea. Usually I am about dead after a track day and pretty much worthless at work the next day. Wait, I'm always worthless at work....

Do you have any GoPro "feet", the part that sticks on to something? I can't find my box of mounts. I've got my camera and the arm, but no mounts.

This is the video I keep watching over and over to learn the track at TWS.
YouTube - Texas World Speedway Lap Loop
:worship:

I will never be that fast! :)

5808d1302264764-tws-041011-locked-cocked-ready-rock-tws_sign.jpg

5809d1302264764-tws-041011-locked-cocked-ready-rock-tws_stands.jpg

Last edited:
How old is that video? The surface really looks beat. Could be the vid as GoPro magnifies/distorts the surface of the road so much.

We need to get you to Cresson or Harris Hill Road, those surfaces are so clean.

How old is that video? The surface really looks beat. Could be the vid as GoPro magnifies/distorts the surface of the road so much.

We need to get you to Cresson or Harris Hill Road, those surfaces are so clean.

TWS needs some work for sure. I can't use that as an excuse though. I have seen how fast people can go there. lol

I chose it for my first track day because the lanes are so wide. A little less intimidating.

ALL PREPPED and READY to GO!

Removed fuses for lights and signals. Tapes up front headlight and rear tail light. Removed license plate. Removed front mirrors and inserted block offs.

5833d1302394748-tws-041011-locked-cocked-ready-rock-dsc02709.jpg

5834d1302394748-tws-041011-locked-cocked-ready-rock-dsc02710.jpg

Jeff and I are meeting at a nearby McDonalds tomorrow morning at 4:15 am. and making our own little 2 car convoy out there.

Hey that trailer looks familiar! I'm at College Station Seafood having a Lone Star. I made it all the way to Caldwell and realized Id forgotten my back protetor, turned around to get. That was an extra 220 miles.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Back