Two Brothers Titanium Installed.

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
That was about as easy and painless a mod as it gets... 15 minutes and half of that was getting the damned exhaust valve cables out!

These are loud but no where near the hyped level I've been hearing about. They sound SWEET! Even my wife said they aren't that loud. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 437 View attachment 438

The Ti canister looks GREAT! It goes real well with the color of the wheels very nicely.

So what does the butt dyno say? Faster, same?

So what's next? PC5?

Power Commander V Support, Find Installation Guides and Maps

Thanks Pete! I'm still trying t figure out just what color those wheels are! :D

No butt dyno yet. :( After I finished, dinner was ready, then I had to go out and weedwhack the back of the lot where the mower can't go. However, tomorrow morning the wife and I are departing on the bikes for an hour ride where I will leave her at the horse barn and I'm continuing on to a friend's house to visit. I'm still on break-in so I'm still running varied RPM cycles with heavy accell/decell to get those rings seated proper. Only 211 miles on her but I plan on about 200 to 250 more tomorrow at the least. :Rockon:

If you can afford it, you should have one of these. It really is an amazing bike and CrazyBiker is right... everything you touch on the bike is higher quality than the FZ6. This is a well engineered work of art.

PC5 will be asked for for Xmas along with a K&N air filter and maybe the velocity stacks. :drools:

Last edited:
Obligatory sound clip after the install. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF0zQNlG620]YouTube - 2009 FZ1 with Two Brothers installed[/ame]

Thanks Pete! I'm still trying t figure out just what color those wheels are! :D

No butt dyno yet. :( After I finished, dinner was ready, then I had to go out and weedwhack the back of the lot where the mower can't go. However, tomorrow morning the wife and I are departing on the bikes for an hour ride where I will leave her at the horse barn and I'm continuing on to a friend's house to visit. I'm still on break-in so I'm still running varied RPM cycles with heavy accell/decell to get those rings seated proper. Only 211 miles on her but I plan on about 200 to 250 more tomorrow at the least. :Rockon:

If you can afford it, you should have one of these. It really is an amazing bike and CrazyBiker is right... everything you touch on the bike is higher quality than the FZ6. This is a well engineered work of art.

PC5 will be asked for for Xmas along with a K&N air filter and maybe the velocity stacks. :drools:

Well let us know when you get back from the ride. When I put a V&H 4/1 on my old GS1100 it removed about 20 lbs. I could tell a difference in the weight of the bike.

You're right about the quality of the parts vs. the 6, night and day. That is one thing about the 6 I didn't like, the big parts were very nice, motor, frame, wheels, brakes, etc. The small parts were cheap looking, shift and brake levers, cables, fittings, muffler cover...

The exhaust looks and sounds great! Very nice job. Now we need some \"on-road\" video.

Guess I'll have to mount the vid cam on the tank tomorrow if it isn't raining. ;)

Too bad NH is going the way of CA, well too bad for the bike, great for the atmosphere I guess. I would have gutted the cat while right there too.

More to come... I'll have some pics tomorrow of another mod I did tonight. :D This was a free mod, just my time and fabrication involved. :Rockon:

Yesterday was the first full test not only for me, but for my wife to follow me. It went GREAT! We had the Scala Q2 headsets on and was talking the whole trip. Not once did she complain that my exhaust was too loud.

SOTP eval: First gear... you know when you hit about 9k and the front of the bike starts to lift? Well, this just knocked off almost 1k... I left a light in 1st and didn't let up. At just over 8k, the front was off the ground. Seems she can breathe a little easier out the back PLUS she lost a lot of weight. :D

It is raining right now so no chance of me getting out with the video camera for a ride. It does give me time to get some pics of the home-made mod I did last night and get that thread going. :D

How does the scala work with the interstate rides and with the loud exhaust? volume loud enough? And does the mp3, cellphone option work for both riders?

It works very well. She and I went out Sat. for the first time after the TB install and she was following me. We had zero trouble and she did not complain about the exhaust nor could I hear any of it as feedback through her set. We carried on communications just as if we were side by side in a cage.

The MP3 and cell work for both riders. Comm between bikes is priority #1 and over rides both. You can pair 4 devices per headset consisting of a possible two other headsets, a GPS and a phone. If your GPS can pair the phone first, that opens a BT spot for a BT MP3 but I'd recommend using the included cable and the 3.5 jack on your player first for quality alone.

The primary headset can speak with any secondary at one time, but never both. You cannot have a group chat, just either/or. The primary is the only one that can establish communication, but I'm not entirely sure this is right. We just haven't been able to get her to establish comm back to me yet.

The Scala Q2 at this time will only pair with the Tom Tom Rider 2 and Zumo 550 or 660. No others have been successful. Phones are hit or miss. It works with my crackberry 8320 Curve though as well as her Sidekick slide.

1600+ feet works and even beyond so long as you have line of site. 200 feet on the Dragon was too far because there is no line of site when one rider out paces the other.

Battery life seems to be about 8 hrs of STEADY comm. After that, they start dropping often to conserve their battery.

Speakers are loud at half volume and I cannot turn them up much beyond that even at 80 mph as they are too loud. Placement of the speakers is key. They need to site ever so slightly in front of your ear canal. They can easily be heard with standard ear plugs in as well and still not at full volume.

Very durable, well constructed and super lightweight. Highly recommended but ONLY if it is the Q2 with the MP3 jack (latest version).

Whew! :D

The Law wins....

Because NH has a state-wide 106 db noise ordinance, the Two Bros is illegal. So, I had to go to the smallest tip they offer to get my can quieted enough.

When I last took the cap off the exhaust, two of the bolts stripped on me. I'm not real happy about the Two Bros quality... cheap metals and even cheaper bolts.

As requested.... here is a before and after video of the Two Bros without and with the P4 tip taken today. I only drilled and tapped the two bad bolt holes and put never-seize on all bolts before torquing them in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46siOOhG28]YouTube - FZ1 held back by the law[/ame]

I don't know Eric. I think it sounds good with the tip in place. Seems to still scream in the upper rpm range. It really sucks when the government ruins all the fun! I guess its still better than being hassled all the time. Make the best of it brother. We'll find another way to "stick it to the man".

I think it still sounds good too. What I don't like is the deep bass tone it robbed from it though. I'm sure my ears will be thankful though next week when we leave for the BIG trip! :D

I think it still sounds good too. What I don't like is the deep bass tone it robbed from it though. I'm sure my ears will be thankful though next week when we leave for the BIG trip! :D

Yea, I noticed how deep my Yosh R-77 got when I removed the baffle. At idle and around town it sounds great. On the highway I don't even hear it (unless I really wind it out) with all the other noises going on.

Rather disappointed that this storm, "Danny", rolled by the coast and dumped on us all night and day... I did not have a chance to go run the bike on the street. I want to know what it sounds like with me riding.

I still think it is very close to stock until I wind it up though.

Well, today was a lucky day! Norm called on a whim and wanted to ride. I told Michele that he wanted to go and she was up for a ride too! :D So, Norm came and we all left for a nice NH ride. Time to actually hear this Two Bros P4 in action.

It is quiet... it is almost STOCK quiet. With Norm's bike still on the stock can, there wasn't a whole lot of difference in the sound between the two... Mine was still a little deeper and still had slightly more bark in the higher RPMs but I think it might meet the requirements of the LEOs. Since Norm was the follower, I can ask him to step up and tell what his thoughts are after the ride.

I still get the benefits of the looks as well as the huge weight reduction though. And, for the long haul to Michigan starting this Friday, it will be better on the ears for me as well as Michele who will be following me the whole way.

At least I won't be making any enemies in the neighborhood. ;)

Back