Track weather decisions

Does the track generally still get run in rain? I ask because there is a track weekend at MSR Cresson (Texas) and the forecast definitely looks like rain...

I know you can change tires.......but. How much would it take to call off the event? Or do they run rain or shine, short of lightening, etc.??

My experience is light rain or showers they are on, heavy rain or lightning they will postpone or cancel the day. Its a gamble depending on what club you ride with and what their policies are with fee's and cancelations due to rain.

I low sisded early on my last track day that it was raining, my fault I was not smooth enough with my inputs on a technical track. I really dont enjoy rainy track days, other's may have a different opinion.

I just did a trackday on a day it poured. I have Q2's on the track bike and they performed amazingly well. Build your speed slowly and try to work with a coach. I had a blast!

Yup, lightening & hail, or very high winds. Wet track days are fun, and once the oil is off the track the traction is almost as good as dry.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

My trackday at Laguna Seca last week started off wet, it dried up nicely though. We skipped the first session then went slow in the second (wet) one. By the third session the track was clean and dry.

I had one trackday at Infineon cancelled due to standing water on the track. It was pretty bad. Other than that it's rain or shine.

Get out there and practice in the wet. Don't push, go slow and be smooth. Think of it as a wet weather training session and a confidence builder.

Back